Ok remind me why Paper Mario Sticker Star...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Ok remind me why Paper Mario Sticker Star...

User Info: IzanagiBlast

IzanagiBlast
4 years ago#1
is SO... - Results (71 votes)
DAMN GOOD!
22.54% (16 votes)
DAMN LAME!
14.08% (10 votes)
It's good,could have been better :l
40.85% (29 votes)
Meh...
21.13% (15 votes)
Other
1.41% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
SO DAMN GOOD :3!!!
I have played/loved most of the Paper Mario games(being TTYD my favorite) and i still haven't found why people hate this game,totally worth the 40 bucks i spent on it.
That level based system( a la Super Mario World),the achievements,all those stickers :3...wow just wow i love this game :D BTW feel free to say the opposite thing,just base your comments :)
US Blue/Black Ambassador 3DS XL FC:3351-4244-8930
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4857-4399-8023 Name:Dante

User Info: Fortecross

Fortecross
4 years ago#2
I have never played Sticker Star, but its understandable to see why people would be hating on it. A lot of Paper Mario fans wanted an actual flowing plot, new party member characters, and a battle system that's not all about stickers. Sticker Star seems to take out most of the charm behind Paper Mario and simply leaves a fun Mario style within. I can see why people love it though : ).
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.

User Info: Stealthlys

Stealthlys
4 years ago#3
Fortecross posted...
I have never played Sticker Star, but its understandable to see why people would be hating on it. A lot of Paper Mario fans wanted an actual flowing plot, new party member characters, and a battle system that's not all about stickers. Sticker Star seems to take out most of the charm behind Paper Mario and simply leaves a fun Mario style within. I can see why people love it though : ).

Its like what Bethesda did to fallout 3. Then obsidian made a better fallout nv, that actually had a plot.

Also SPM meh gameplay, just another platformer. Good dialogue yes. Good plot yes.

TTYD: Each chapter had its own plot that were well written, main plot was still peach gets kidnapped, then a 1000 old demon. Witty dialogue yes. Good gameplay yes.

PM64: The plot is pretty average, and normal mario plot. Good dialogue yea, **** man I remember tattling every room with goombario, and every enemy. Had good gameplay.

*Mean while nintendo conference*

"Okay, for sticker star, lets remove partners, witty dialogue, and after a good plot like spm lets give it no plot"

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
4 years ago#4
It's good but could have been better

The turn-based battle system is back- that's good.
No partners - that's bad.
Mario uses stickers to attack in battle - that's good, new, and unique.
Kersti is a useless advice giver - that's bad.
The game automatically saves when you complete a level - that's good and convenient.
The game reminds you to take a break every so often - that's bad and annoying.
Gooper Blooper is a really cool boss IMO - that's good.
I lost to the Goomba boss (the 1st boss) - that's bad (I suck, I know)
Sticker Museum to fill up - that's good.
Sticker Museum to fill up - that's bad. (What's the point?)
Not my cup of tea, but the 3D looks really nice - that's good.

Overall that's not a bad thing; that's a good thing!
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Ok remind me why Paper Mario Sticker Star...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived