DS or GBA? Which handheld do you think was better overall?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. DS or GBA? Which handheld do you think was better overall?

User Info: Rurouni720

Rurouni720
4 years ago#81
paralyzed21 posted...
gba was far better. only good thing ds had that gba didnt was layton.

You must have not looked @ the DS library if you really believe that, in regards to what good things the DS had over the GBA. :)

Vyers posted...
To me, the GBA was better for people who like Nintendo games than the DS was. The DS had a really poor showing from Nintendo for its three NES main franchises - Metroid, Mario, and Zelda.

You gotta admit though, the Kirby and Sonic games were no slouch on the DS. Especially Kirby Canvas Curse.

User Info: Devil_wings00

Devil_wings00
4 years ago#82
GBA SP was probably my favorite handheld of all time. It was pocket sized had a lot of old SNES classics remade for it (also the only console to receive a proper English release of FFV, that I know of) and a great selection of new games. All that said if you had a DS lite or earlier you got the best of both worlds.

Still have my SP classic Nintendo edition (looks like an old NES controller) sitting in my desk.
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.

User Info: Lelouch71

Lelouch71
4 years ago#83
I like the DS better. GBA was alright but there were more games on the DS that interest me.
"When you come at the king you best not miss"

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 years ago#84
Vyers posted...
StephenYap3 posted...
GBA. The DS has better hardware, yes. But it's games? I didn't find them to be as magical compared to the other handhelds.

A good question is, how old were you when you played the GBA? :v The younger you are, the more magical games are going to feel.

I was 11 when I got the GBA, back in 2002. As for the DS, I got it in 2005.

And if magic is not the reason for the GBA being better than the DS, then I think it's because compared to the GBA's library, the DS' library didn't strike me as "Wow! That was awesome!"

The GBA had Pokemon FRLG, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mother 3, WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame$, Wario Land 4, Metroid: Zero Mission, and a few others that I forgot.

The DS had WarioWare D.I.Y., New Super Mario Bros, Pokemon Heart Gold, Kirby Mass Attack, and The Legendary Starfy. Unlike the other portables, even though these games I have are excellent, they just don't capture me as much as the other portable Nintendo systems.
I have trouble communicating with people :(

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
4 years ago#85
The DS, easily.
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia

User Info: xXDeadWulfXx

xXDeadWulfXx
4 years ago#86
DS, way more better titles.
PSN: Shibuya_Reaper 3DS FC: 3668-7261-4909

User Info: Pawkie07

Pawkie07
4 years ago#87
Vita

User Info: evisceratorX

evisceratorX
4 years ago#88
GBA. It seemed like games were a lot more focused on gameplay rather than gimmicks like with the DS. Granted there were a lot of ports, but almost every original game I played on the GBA was exactly that. Original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2dKOfbC9c
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, copy and paste this into your sig.

User Info: Rurouni720

Rurouni720
4 years ago#89
Pawkie07 posted...
Vita

Does not count in this topic. :P

User Info: IHeartMetroid

IHeartMetroid
4 years ago#90
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say... equal.

I put them both on equal footing.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. DS or GBA? Which handheld do you think was better overall?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived