Circle Pad Pro Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Circle Pad Pro Question

User Info: gtetrakai

gtetrakai
4 years ago#1
I just picked one up and so far it's stumped me. Am I supposed to not be able to use the R button on the menu screen... or in the case, any other game other than the few supported titles?
PKMN BLK FC: 4427-7123-8883
PKMM HG FC: 0175-7320-6086

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
4 years ago#2
only supported titles.
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.

User Info: Janus151

Janus151
4 years ago#3
So for the games that support it (ie: RE Revelations, MGS3D, Kingdom Hearts DDD), you use the extra R button.

But for everything else (ie: holding R to speed up the street passes) you still need to press the R button from the system, since it will not recognize the Circle Pad Pro's R button (which I find it dumb that it doesn't, but ah well...)

gtetrakai
4 years ago#4
That's pretty lame. Still, it seems like a solid peripheral and is all the more reason for me to pick some games I was on the fence about.
PKMN BLK FC: 4427-7123-8883
PKMM HG FC: 0175-7320-6086

User Info: Janus151

Janus151
4 years ago#5
yah! :)
I used it to play MGS3D and RE:R and I would NEVER play those games without a second circle pad! it feels great! now just waiting for them to release the XL version here in North America! :P

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
4 years ago#6
It's simply because only the games were designed to interact with the slidepad attachment.

Sure I can point my remote control at my microwave and press some buttons, but nothing is going to happen unless my microwave is expecting some input from a remote control.

On a related thought, are there microwaves with remote controls?
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.

gtetrakai
4 years ago#7
I understand that the additional slider and the ZL/ZR buttons won't work. But, why would the 'new' R button not work. It seems like all it's doing is sending an IR signal that telling the handheld that the button is being pushed.

I guess that the IR input recognition is coded into the game. Maybe it could be pushed to the actual console via update? I don't know.

Also, there is a remote-controlled microwave.
PKMN BK2 FC: 3225-4385-1501 | PKMN BLK FC: 4427-7123-8883 | PKMM HG FC: 0175-7320-6086

User Info: IHeartMetroid

IHeartMetroid
4 years ago#8
PokeMaster posted...
It's simply because only the games were designed to interact with the slidepad attachment.

Sure I can point my remote control at my microwave and press some buttons, but nothing is going to happen unless my microwave is expecting some input from a remote control.

On a related thought, are there microwaves with remote controls?

http://gizmodo.com/5930078/remote-control-multi+function-microwave-could-replace-half-your-appliances
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Circle Pad Pro Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived