Extra circle pad games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Extra circle pad games?

User Info: IAmCaptPlanet

IAmCaptPlanet
4 years ago#1
got my 3DSXLCPP ordered, getting ready to finally play MGS3DS and ResiEvil ReviLation what else do i NEED that has a CPP option, and what are some thats interesting and what are some thats stupid?
THE POWER IS YOURS!

User Info: JurassicBond

JurassicBond
4 years ago#2
Kingdom Hearts 3D is pretty much the only other big title released that even uses it. Monster Hunter will also when that comes out.
Reading: A Memory of Light - Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg

User Info: Swan3624

Swan3624
4 years ago#3
You don't NEED the CPP for anything... Resident Evil: Revelations is perfectly playable without it. In fact, considering the Resident Evil lineage, it feels awkward. It doesn't feel right. Using one stick feels natural and right, but that is a personal opinion.

Kingdom Hearts can be played without it just fine, too. Coming off of 358/2 Days, it was very easy to translate those controls to Dream Drop Distance. I could see how people coming from the PS2 Kingdom Hearts games would prefer to play with two sticks, though.

And least of all, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I had no qualms playing the game with the face buttons for aiming.

...but all of this boils down to personal preference. I hope you enjoy your Circle Pad Pro XL! :D
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624

User Info: Janus151

Janus151
4 years ago#4
I bought the Circle Pad Pro to play Resident Evil Revelations and MGS3D, and I can tell you that I would NEVER ever play those 2 games without the CCP. So I guess it really depends on the person :D

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
4 years ago#5
There is not enough CPP supported games to count with your fingers...
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...

Janus151
4 years ago#6
Bancario51 posted...
There is not enough CPP supported games to count with your fingers...

true :P
well 9 games in japan use it:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardware/accessories/list_slidepad/index.html

and you can add Monster Hunter 4 to that list, so that's 10! :D
I agree, not enough games use it. But the games that use it make the game WAY more enjoyable.

IAmCaptPlanet
4 years ago#7
i dont know why RE Rev, MGS, RE Mercenaries, and Splinter Cell (and others for that matter) dont use a touch screen aiming system a la Splinter Cell DS and Metroid Prime Hunters.
THE POWER IS YOURS!

Janus151
4 years ago#8
IAmCaptPlanet posted...
i dont know why RE Rev, MGS, RE Mercenaries, and Splinter Cell (and others for that matter) dont use a touch screen aiming system a la Splinter Cell DS and Metroid Prime Hunters.

I can see it working for RE: Revelations/Mercenaries, since it's a 3rd person shooter and you always face forward when aiming. But it wouldn't work in MGS3D since you don't necessary always have to be shooting in 1st/3rd person.
I can't really say anything about Splinter Cell since I haven't played it.

IAmCaptPlanet
4 years ago#9
believe me dude, SC Chaos Theory on the DS controld like a dream, but really looks like crap, but the 3DS one only has face button aiming (from what i understand ive not played it) which is stupid. i hate 4 way aiming with face buttons, and southpawing it doesn't help me much either (aim with circle pad and move/strafe with buttons)
THE POWER IS YOURS!

User Info: JoeHigashi2000

JoeHigashi2000
4 years ago#10
It's not NEEDED for any game or the system would have been made with the extra buttons and circle pad. Or they would have revised the system to add it.

I own a CPP and a CPP XL and I love how much easier it makes the supported games control but that doesn't mean EVERYBODY wants one. Most people feel $20 is a waste if they feel comfortable with the control options w/o the CPP/CPP XL.
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Extra circle pad games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived