I haven't played a Pokemon game since Fire Red...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Fire Red...

User Info: strongo9

strongo9
4 years ago#11
HG or SS.
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
4 years ago#12
You arent old school. Red or Blue classic.
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...

User Info: ramseanGoodbye

ramseanGoodbye
4 years ago#13
you guys really aren't making this decision easy lol, can i get some pro's and con's of each please.

ramseanGoodbye
4 years ago#14
Bancario51 posted...
You arent old school. Red or Blue classic.

I own blue, yellow, gold, crystal and fire red. I just said Fire Red was the last Pokemon Game I played.

User Info: Mascara_Snake

Mascara_Snake
4 years ago#15
If you want your Pokemon to be able to follow you around visibly, then HG/SS (there is a unique sprite for each one, if I recall correctly).

If you want animated sprites in battle, but no sprites for following you around, then either B/W or B2/W2.

I know that's a silly way to decide, but I can't be bothered to get into complex reasons for either (and I really liked having my Pokemon follow me around).
Gem Activated
Gem Deactivated

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
4 years ago#16
I'm just like the topic creator of this thread.

Last time I played a Pokemon game was Pokemon Fire Red and it was the last game I played back in 2004 or whatever.

Earlier today I just bought Pokemon Black 2 from a small Shopko store out of town. Havent had the time to play around in the very beginning of the game. I got 3 other games I just bought too last weekend along with alot of stuff I bought. Need to slow down and concentrate on playing Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Spider-Man 2 the Videogame then the Driver 1 and 2 games and Star Trek Invasion.

But I have been playing New Super Mario Brothers 1 for my 3DS and I'm up to the World 5 snow area and I still need to figure out how how to unlock World 4

ramseanGoodbye
4 years ago#17
bump

User Info: WickedSickJosh

WickedSickJosh
4 years ago#18
Personally, I say go with HG/SS. Considering its a like sequel to FR/LG it might be the easiest to relate to (yea I know all the games are sequels, but HG/SS has direct links and even areas from FR/LG). B/W have better animations but that's about the only thing better, IMO.
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3), WWE '13 (360), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"

User Info: OoSubaruoO

OoSubaruoO
4 years ago#19
B/W lets you turn off battle moves, making exp farming faster.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
4 years ago#20
The latest games, Pokemon Black/White and Pokemon Black/White2, are the best in the series. You can't go wrong with them.
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549
White2 FC: 0047-1293-2356
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Fire Red...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived