The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Buy 3ds now or wait

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Buy 3ds now or wait

User Info: Paulf001

Paulf001
4 years ago#1
Should I buy a 3ds now or wait for a possible redesign that might have a possible 2nd analog stick.

User Info: MrAntike184

MrAntike184
4 years ago#2
Paulf001 posted...
Should I buy a 3ds now or wait for a possible redesign that might have a possible 2nd analog stick.

Buy one now, the remodel will just have even more problems, so just get a 3DS XL if you want the newest model.
Were All Originals? Nah

User Info: SamanthaThresa

SamanthaThresa
4 years ago#3
I don't think they're ever gonna do a second analog stick because most games aren't designed with a second analog stick involved and the CPP also adds an R2 and L2 and that would make the 3DS system itself really bulky.

I would just get the 3DS now and if you really want the added analog stick and buttons then I suggest getting the CPP too. I have one myself and it really isn't bad at all. It's surprisingly really comfortable and I feel like at $20 it's a good value too because it also comes with a 3DS strap and comes with the battery so you don't have to buy it yourself.

User Info: RaccoonCity

RaccoonCity
4 years ago#4
It's a lot more likely that a 2nd analog stick won't be added until Nintendo's next actual handheld, what- and whenever that is. And that's still a few years away; 3DS is still fairly early into its life cycle.

The XL is almost unanimously the way to go right now for your first 3DS.
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833

User Info: Begingame

Begingame
4 years ago#5
Keep waiting for the 2nd analog stick. You already waiting 2 years, what's another 5? See you in 2018 on the Nintendo 4DS!

User Info: MrAntike184

MrAntike184
4 years ago#6
Begingame posted...
Keep waiting for the 2nd analog stick. You already waiting 2 years, what's another 5? See you in 2018 on the Nintendo 4DS!
Were All Originals? Nah

User Info: StarmanJunior

StarmanJunior
4 years ago#7
If I'd go back, I'd wait actually. The game library is less than desireable. Not saying everything's bad, but most of the titles I've played are average enough to be profitable. If you're worried about a remodel, just do what I did when I wanted the DS Lite instead of a DSi...buy somewhere that has old ones...chances are they'll be cheaper too.
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz

User Info: vectorman5

vectorman5
4 years ago#8
Unless you're dying for a 3DSlite and want to hold out for one, get it now.
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.

User Info: IronMonkey008

IronMonkey008
4 years ago#9
There will be another redesign, but I highly doubt they will add a second stick this gen. Monster Hunter would be the only reason this gen where I could see them considering a second stick redesign. If there is no news about one before the Japan release of Monster Hunter 4, then it's a pretty safe bet there wont be one.
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Buy 3ds now or wait

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived