Which company do you think is more of a sellout?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which company do you think is more of a sellout?

User Info: NettoSaito

NettoSaito
4 years ago#11
I love capcom/am an active member at their forums, but... Capcom...

-No EX Troopers
-Most likely no Monster Hunter 4
-DLC Characters in their fighting games
-DLC Costumes in their fighting games
-No voice chat in Resident Evil Revelations even though everyone complained about there being no VC in Mercs 3D.
-Legends 3 was canned
-SF x MM broke their static.capcom.com server which prevents people from accessing the site most of the time
-Megaman iOS games.
-Most likely won't ever be getting Rockman Online/might as well be canned.
-Megaman Universe was canned.
-Didn't get Megaman Battle Network Operation Shooting Star
-No online mode for Monster Hunter 3G/U on the 3DS (even though they said they wanted to add new features)
-Most of their new games in the past few years were canned to make room for Street Fighter ports/remakes, and ports of their other fighting games.
-The heads get their staff members excited to make games, and then they tell them they won't be making them a year after development started.
-Megaman Legends 1 and 2 (PSP) got canned for a NA release (although I still bought the Japanese releases since I'm a huge fan.)
-They never followed through with their plans of making Maverick Hunter X2-6 and Powered Up 2-6 (or possible 2-8).

Anyway I do like Capcom, but the heads in Japan sometimes tick me off. It's not the game devs' fault, it's their bosses who make the calls. Everyone making Legends 3 wanted to do the best they could to bring it out, yet the heads of CoJ said it didn't show enough promise.
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito

User Info: Argh4430

Argh4430
4 years ago#12
Wouldn't sellout mean taking money to do work that would "degenerate" their own? Any of those crappy movie tie-in games would have their company qualify as a sell-out.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which company do you think is more of a sellout?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived