Something i just noticed about the GB VC that bugs me now :/

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Something i just noticed about the GB VC that bugs me now :/

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHEwbZ8k68I

There's no option for GBC/Super GB color mode as seen here. currently GB VC games have the option of the normal black & white look or the "retro" original green & black look. why didn't Nintendo implement this into all GB VC games before releasing them on the eShop?.

Playing DK94' looks SO much better here followed by black & white imo. would this be possible through future software updates?. i'd really like to see this option added! :/.
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com

User Info: LegoLeonidas

LegoLeonidas
4 years ago#2
I've been thinking the same thing since they first released GB VC. I mean, the games are fine as is, but it really wouldn't take much effort, right?
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#3
I don't think it would take much effort. it's already there. it's already a plus being able to play these games blown up on the XL but having this option as well would be the icing on the cake! :). i've always loved having that extra option when i played my original GB games on the Super Gameboy! xD. fun times switching colors! lol.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 years ago#4
The individual emulators would have to be upgraded to include GBC and SGB functionality for games that support them. Not sure how hard it is to emulate that.
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#5
Looks like i'll be mentioning them needing to add this feature in my post play surveys i need to fill out!. hopefully they'll at least take it into consideration...

User Info: ecco6t9

ecco6t9
4 years ago#6
Or they could just run all the Game Boy games in Game Boy Color mode.
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#7
Yeah it sucks but honestly aside from GBC mode not sure how Super GB colors would work.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#8
ecco6t9 posted...
Or they could just run all the Game Boy games in Game Boy Color mode.

I'd prefer as many options as possible, thanks! =P.

90sRetroGaming
4 years ago#9
Baha05 posted...
Yeah it sucks but honestly aside from GBC mode not sure how Super GB colors would work.

I just want my GB games to have the option like in the video link i posted. it just makes it look so good...

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
4 years ago#10
Yeah, it is really disappointing that the GB games with Super Gameboy Support don't let you use a Super Gameboy mode for all the nice colours.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Something i just noticed about the GB VC that bugs me now :/

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived