Monster Hunter going to be worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Monster Hunter going to be worth it?

User Info: Sasuke7892

Sasuke7892
4 years ago#1
Never played any of them. Not even too sure what it's about, but I hear the name tossed around an awful lot. Is it worth picking up?

P.S. Also, how about Dragon Quest? For some reason, I always thought these two games to be the same.
Check out my Call of Duty Gameplay/Commentaries!!
www.youtube.com/Yoshi7892

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
4 years ago#2
if you have a psp or vita you could get them now
its not a newb friendly game and to get the best out of it, you'll need to adapt to a new control scheme (right stick camera control blows for MH)
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: Giygasminion

Giygasminion
4 years ago#3
You can spend tons and tons of time in the game. Whether you enjoy it or not will depend on your love of its mechanics.

I spent about 80 hours on it, but in the end I quit before I got "too" far.
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
4 years ago#4
Monster Hunter is pretty much a game entirely made up of killing/capturing various monsters for materials for crafting... It's not really an RPG. Think of it as a fairly difficult action game focused almost entirely around long boss battles...

Dragon Quest is an RPG series in the most classic sense. Not even remotely similar.

User Info: kamikaze135

kamikaze135
4 years ago#5
You're in a hub and taking quests till you defeat the most powerful monster. Story is very minimal
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden

User Info: Plasma EXE

Plasma EXE
4 years ago#6
The appeal comes from fighting numerous large monsters that are much more powerful than you (there's a huge emphasis on knowing it's attack pattern and when it's safe/not safe to attack it) with or without 2-3 other people and grinding on certain bosses to obtain material needed to craft/upgrade armors and weapons. It's a pretty difficult game, but it's rewarding and fun. There's enough variety if you get tired of grinding on one monster.
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Monster Hunter going to be worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived