Thought my 3DS XL was flawless... then I saw a speck of dust in the screen -_-

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Thought my 3DS XL was flawless... then I saw a speck of dust in the screen -_-

User Info: teh1337gosu

teh1337gosu
4 years ago#21
iammaxhailme posted...
Yeah, I thought mine was perfect, and then a pixel died a few months after I got it.

It's not a huge deal but it makes me sad :(

Are you sure it was a new dead pixel, that's much more rare than being made with a dead pixel.
Yvan eht nioj

User Info: thompsontalker7

thompsontalker7
4 years ago#22
Well, exchanging mine tomorrow. Noticed that the top screen has scratches on it before I even had a chance to put on a screen protector.
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!

User Info: RocketZXblue

RocketZXblue
4 years ago#23
i got mine and it creaks near where the Stylus holder is (3dsXL) and the screen is a little loose (tilts slightly back and forth despite being "locked" into place while playing it)

User Info: thompsontalker7

thompsontalker7
4 years ago#24
Transferring data now to my new 3DS

It's actually pretty nice as far as I can tell, no blemishes on the glass or dust underneath. Had a hard time trying to convince the Gamestop guy to let me exchange though, but he eventually gave in after I persisted.
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
4 years ago#25
thompsontalker7 posted...
Seriously, it looks more like a splotch against the screen more than a speck, if I trade it in just over that I may get a unit that has a speck of dust in the 3D screen. Or faulty buttons. Or dust in both.

Already have some content on it too, how would I transfer it to a new unit if I exchanged it.

"Hey let me get another 3DS XL so I can transfer content, swear I'll bring the other one back"

Mine has this exact same problem. Only noticeable against a bright white background. It is kinda annoying.
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.

User Info: ChiefCole

ChiefCole
4 years ago#26
OMG!!!!!!! Not a ..................speck of dust!!!!!!!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Thought my 3DS XL was flawless... then I saw a speck of dust in the screen -_-

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived