I know I'm late to the game but Cave Story.....just wow.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I know I'm late to the game but Cave Story.....just wow.

User Info: BatenKait0s

BatenKait0s
4 years ago#1
What a fantasic eShop game. How does the 3D game hold up?

Can we ever expect a sequel?
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)

User Info: kukingina2

kukingina2
4 years ago#2
there's a spiritual successor to the game coming soon in the eshop called "ikachan"
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047

User Info: DarkIVloon

DarkIVloon
4 years ago#3
not the same company but VVVVVV is a great game too if you haven't tryed it yet.
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 years ago#4
kukingina2 posted...
there's a spiritual successor to the game coming soon in the eshop called "ikachan"

Ikachan came before cave story you know.....
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png

BatenKait0s
4 years ago#5
DarkIVloon posted...
not the same company but VVVVVV is a great game too if you haven't tryed it yet.

That's also a platformer, right? I heard the difficulty was brutal, but I'd still enjoy the challenge.
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS)

DarkIVloon
4 years ago#6
yes it is a platformer that is suppose to play and look like a Commodore64 game. I grew up on c64 so it pulls at my heart strings :)

There are some tough spots but nothing that cant be overcome and you will have fun dying. It even has a death counter.... I think i died 517 times before i beat the game :)

User Info: Geno

Geno
4 years ago#7
If you're just now getting into Cave Story, you're not just late, my friend. The game has ended decades ago and you're just now showing up to the ballpark set to enjoy a great game.
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853

BatenKait0s
4 years ago#8
DarkIVloon posted...
yes it is a platformer that is suppose to play and look like a Commodore64 game. I grew up on c64 so it pulls at my heart strings :)

There are some tough spots but nothing that cant be overcome and you will have fun dying. It even has a death counter.... I think i died 517 times before i beat the game :)

Wow, that sounds amazingly old school. My platforming began in the NES days. I cherish the days of dying dozens upon dozens of times in a platformer, to achieve that incredible sense of accomplishment.
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS); Cave Story (DS)

User Info: kukingina2

kukingina2
4 years ago#9
pikachupwnage posted...
kukingina2 posted...

Ikachan came before cave story you know.....

ahhh I see good to know
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047

DarkIVloon
4 years ago#10
BatenKait0s posted...
DarkIVloon posted...

Wow, that sounds amazingly old school. My platforming began in the NES days. I cherish the days of dying dozens upon dozens of times in a platformer, to achieve that incredible sense of accomplishment.

The game has it's fair share of unlockables too and you can play through it a 2nd time with the whole world inverted so It's got it's fair share of replayability and I think it will be totally worth it if for you. Maybe check out a gameplay video to be sure though since it is 7.99

Hope you enjoy it, i enjoyed Cave Story very much and played this one right after and they are both amazing games.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I know I'm late to the game but Cave Story.....just wow.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived