Handheld vs. consoles, which is better?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Handheld vs. consoles, which is better?

User Info: esoteric42

esoteric42
4 years ago#31
I don't think I will buy another console, and I am doubtful I will buy another handheld after the 3DS. I already have more games for DS and 3DS than I could finish in years.
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
4 years ago#32
Handhelds at home and work. I don't remember the last time I used a home console, even thought there's a half-dozen hooked up to my TV: Wii, PS2, Xbox, GameCube, N64, Genesis/SegaCD/32x. .
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.

User Info: godfather_1

godfather_1
4 years ago#33
danny5329 posted...
As i grew older i've felt like i've been Casualized. Nowdays i cant even play a console game for more than 2 hours.

I've stopped playing my PS3 for ages now and only played my 3DS XL now. Glad that Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey IV , Castlevania and MH : U are not far away. That way i can play a portable game anywhere and whenever i want and just put it to sleep with ease.

I am in the exact same situation, I have been playing consoles for a long time and now I can't seem to get motivated to play PC/Consoles games, but if I lay back in my bed with a 3DS/Vita than I enjoy the games much more.

User Info: funguy10

funguy10
4 years ago#34
as someone pointed out. the handhelds remind me too of the glory days. where gaming was about fun. we didnt have online or trophies/achievements. it was just plain fun to play. any bugs we had. we never complained about. we'd just laugh and continue playing.

User Info: dolphinmage

dolphinmage
4 years ago#35
I used to play console games almost exclusively but I've done a complete reversal in the past few years. There seem to be so many reasons why I love playing handheld games these days. They are cheaper but still high quality. They are a lot easier to play in short bursts, but still have enough content to keep me entertained for a long time. They rarely rely on dlc (though that might be changing). And, of course, they have a better variety of games (especially when it comes to rpgs).

User Info: Klockdown

Klockdown
4 years ago#36
I used to play consoles since I was 7, but I stopped when ps3, 360, and wii came out. I find handhelds very convenient, cheap, and enable us the consumers to do on-the-go gaming with many great games. Nothing beats their portability.
"Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent."
Pokemon White 2 fc: 1722-1489-1036, Klock

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
4 years ago#37
thats such a vague question. if you ask the competitive fighting game community you'd be a laughing stock.
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~

funguy10
4 years ago#38
^ actually thats not true. the 3DS has streetfighter, tekken and DOA. :)

User Info: vashtricham

vashtricham
4 years ago#39
Quote:^ actually thats not true. the 3DS has streetfighter, tekken and DOA. :)
@funguy10
Key word competitive,
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10

funguy10
4 years ago#40
^ in what way? i think they are online too. the AI is decent too. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Handheld vs. consoles, which is better?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived