RUNE FACTORY 4 announced for the US!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. RUNE FACTORY 4 announced for the US!

User Info: dolphinmage

dolphinmage
4 years ago#71
Do the Rune Factory games work well as stand-alone titles or is there a lot I would miss out on by not playing the other ones?

User Info: serenade_beta

serenade_beta
4 years ago#72
dolphinmage posted...
Do the Rune Factory games work well as stand-alone titles or is there a lot I would miss out on by not playing the other ones?

Rune Factory 4 does have a few characters from the other games, but they don't have a major role. Other than that, there is no important connection between games.
In other words, stand-alone.
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
4 years ago#73
There's only a few small cameos that's all the connection they have.
Jirachi is the best pokemon
"I'll wait for you here it what princess do from what i understand it's kind of a family tradition."

dolphinmage
4 years ago#74
That's good to hear. Rune Factory 4 looks interesting, but I didn't want to have to play through the others first. Thanks for the info.

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
4 years ago#75
dolphinmage posted...
That's good to hear. Rune Factory 4 looks interesting, but I didn't want to have to play through the others first. Thanks for the info.

I recommend you play through at least #3 to get a feel for the series. #1 is cool but slightly archaic, and I didn't enjoy #2 at all.

You can probably find #3 for a good price now it's been out for a while.
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia

dolphinmage
4 years ago#76
FefnirOmega13 posted...
dolphinmage posted...

I recommend you play through at least #3 to get a feel for the series. #1 is cool but slightly archaic, and I didn't enjoy #2 at all.

Actually I tried the second game and that was why I wanted to make sure I didn't have to play the others first. I like the concept, but I couldn't really get into that game. I didn't even play long enough to marry off my character.

I was kind of hoping that the fourth game has more going on initially. I'm used to rpgs more than sim games, so a very slow pace might turn me away. I do like what I've seen of the character artwork and screenshots, and that I can play as a female character. Also the different races are interesting to me (though from what I understand, that was in Rune Factory 3 as well).

User Info: serenade_beta

serenade_beta
4 years ago#77
FefnirOmega13 posted...
dolphinmage posted...

I hear 1 and 2 had some pretty bad bugs, including ones that deleted your data and ones that prevented you from proceeding the story. 3 was a large improvement, without those devastating bugs.
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)

User Info: evilvergil

evilvergil
4 years ago#78
I havent played any if the Rune Factory games but i heard nothing but good things about them, so im definately looking forward to 4. Also Rune factory 3's openings are simply godlike!( i like the japanese versions aswell.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1-6OYzBXNw

User Info: Bikes-

Bikes-
4 years ago#79
FefnirOmega13 posted...
dolphinmage posted...

The opposite actually 3 is fairly rare these days.
I still curse myself for not picking it up when I found it in a store a little after release. Been meaning to hunt down a copy one of these days.

User Info: Thryhring

Thryhring
4 years ago#80
Bikes- posted...
The opposite actually 3 is fairly rare these days.
I still curse myself for not picking it up when I found it in a store a little after release. Been meaning to hunt down a copy one of these days.

Yeah, I went looking for a new copy a while ago. I ended up buying a new copy on eBay last year for $45, was the lowest I could find at the time on either eBay or Amazon. I also picked up a new Rune Factory: Frontier at the same time for $15. I haven't played either of them(or any RF game for that matter) yet but I've been a Harvest Moon fan since the SNES and an rpg fan for even longer so I'm thinking I'll really like them. Dunno why I waited until just last year to try to get into the series :P
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. RUNE FACTORY 4 announced for the US!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived