To those who own a 3DS, what was YOUR reason to buy one?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. To those who own a 3DS, what was YOUR reason to buy one?

User Info: Gtuansdiamm

Gtuansdiamm
4 years ago#151
my ds broke and i was still playing like 7 games

User Info: jamc5000

jamc5000
4 years ago#152
Im a kingdom hearts fanatic.......Im obsessed lol. And i must play ever KH game out there and i have. Hence since the latest installment was on the 3DS i had to get it. Havent touched my 3DS since lol

User Info: SONIC_305

SONIC_305
4 years ago#153
Virtue's Last Reward and LOZ: OoT
Japan PSN: Sonikku305 US PSN: KlonoaxGuntz
Games Playing: Virtue's Last Reward, BBCS:EX, UMVC3, KOF XIII

User Info: emolsifier

emolsifier
4 years ago#154
It's funny, I bought my 3DS because my DS at the time was "broken" during a shell replacement. Effectively the 3DS was to be my DS' replacement. Hilariously my DS is still included in my actively used systems because of a Battery Charger I bought for it.

I also bought the 3DS because of the faint hope of acquiring Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D. Shame it hasn't come yet. It was also the prospect of the next Zelda for the handheld and Monster Hunter 3 and Etrian Odyssey 4. That and... getting the 20 free games. I calculated that if I valued each game at a measley $5, I was getting $100 of free games.

I also bought the system used and thusly scored it at $220. Imagine the insanity at finding that it had $20 and the previous owner had purchased Cave Story on it. That effectively meant I got the system at $55 less than it would have been. That's $200 with the free games. It was like christmas had come early bringing with it chinese new year and Thanksgiving for some kind of perfect storm of a bargain.

But now I want to support the Big N by grabbing a 25th Edition Zelda 3DS for new. It'd be a shame if I didn't get at least one collectible Zelda system.
Newbie PKMN Trainer: 0132-8070-8825 BLACK

User Info: RicardoSForever

RicardoSForever
4 years ago#155
Main reason, it's a Nintendo handheld. Secondary reasons, interest in how the 3D worked, Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon.
If this world was noob free; than nobody could laugh at least once!

User Info: funguy10

funguy10
4 years ago#156
i was sick of the consoles lack of new IPs. also the 360 rods drove me nuts. i found that for half the price of a console. i could enjoy gaming on handhelds. no more cluttered forced ads. no more paying for xbl. also no more DRM. i'm sick of how consoles do biz. also the fact i can game on the go. the 3DS games hold info equal to a cd game. the games are fun and imaginative. which is refreshing. not all COD,GOW,NHL, extra. but fun new IPs. also backwards compatabile.

User Info: kewldude475

kewldude475
4 years ago#157
KH3D and Resident Evil Revelations. Plus, I like portable systems.
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475

User Info: Nitharad

Nitharad
4 years ago#158
I could see the potential of the console.
There were so many great games announced at the start.
The DS was a great console, I expected many new installments of my favourite DS games.

All that being said, I am not impressed so far ... haven't touched my 3DS for almost a year, and before that I used it as an MP3 player for 80% of the time.
In fact I only own like 4 3DS games because I can hardly find any games that interest me.
I know there're some in the future tho.

User Info: A_Sexy_Panda

A_Sexy_Panda
4 years ago#159
Paper mario. Regretted that decision however I'm glad I didn't sell it because of Fire Emblem.

User Info: RaccoonCity

RaccoonCity
4 years ago#160
I've had every generation of Nintendo handheld since the Game Boy Pocket, and I've always enjoyed them. I was initially turned off by the 3D angle, but after getting one ended up loving it.

But Animal Crossing was the system seller for me. I remember it being announced in f****** 2010 and everybody thought we would have it by now.
"I dare you to make less sense."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. To those who own a 3DS, what was YOUR reason to buy one?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived