Street pass sure is worthless if you don't live in a crowded city.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Street pass sure is worthless if you don't live in a crowded city.
(message deleted)

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
4 years ago#22
Try living in rural Nova Scotia. I MIGHT get a streetpass if I roamed around Halifax enough, but unless I want to drive for 2+ hours, all I have around me are small retirement towns, farmland and coastline.
Just for the heck of it, I looked up the populations of the two nearest towns in my area.

Digby: 2,152 (15 minute drive away)
Annapolis Royal: 481 (my hometown)
Bridgetown: 949 (15 minute drive away)

So if you guys in London, NYC and Detroit are having no luck with streetpass, I may as well not even try.

User Info: abbyhitter

abbyhitter
4 years ago#23
PsychoWolfX posted...
Try living in rural Nova Scotia. I MIGHT get a streetpass if I roamed around Halifax enough, but unless I want to drive for 2+ hours, all I have around me are small retirement towns, farmland and coastline.
Just for the heck of it, I looked up the populations of the two nearest towns in my area.

Digby: 2,152 (15 minute drive away)
Annapolis Royal: 481 (my hometown)
Bridgetown: 949 (15 minute drive away)

Wow. I'd love to live there. Privacy and peace + the beach. Very nice.
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
4 years ago#24
Lol I live in Calgary and get at least 6 streetpasses a day when I go pick up my brother from school.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 PSN: ansonip2000
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
4 years ago#25
It is a really nice place to live actually, Peace and quiet, (I'd never be able to live in a city) barely any crime, people are always saying how beautiful the area is, it's also a great place if you're into history some of the first European settlements are right here in my area.

It is pretty frustrating to have to drive for 2 hours to get to a EB games or a Starbucks though. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't buy games offline.

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
4 years ago#26
UncleGrubby posted...
I live in Indianapolis myself but it's still pretty worthless. I'm sure there's some kids walking around but I'm not where kids are, I don't go to school and walking around everywhere with my 3ds is pretty impractical seeing as I don't have time to play if I'm out doing adult person things. Because that's how most American adults feel, I think.

Great for Japan though, I guess.

Hey, at least you live in Indianapolis....I live in southern IN (Evansville area). Sucks.
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg

User Info: abbyhitter

abbyhitter
4 years ago#27
PsychoWolfX posted...
It is a really nice place to live actually, Peace and quiet, (I'd never be able to live in a city) barely any crime, people are always saying how beautiful the area is, it's also a great place if you're into history some of the first European settlements are right here in my area.

It is pretty frustrating to have to drive for 2 hours to get to a EB games or a Starbucks though. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't buy games offline.

Yeah. That's right up my alley. I'd love to live in your town.
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!

User Info: GenericName9

GenericName9
4 years ago#28
I used to take my 3DS with me everywhere hoping to get streetpass. I'd take it to Wal-Mart, I'd take it with to pick my kids up from school, nothing. I did get 1 a year ago, we went for a family dinner at a state park/forest reserve place, some kid must have had his 3DS there, it was probably the only one he ever got too. Our local Wal-Mart does'nt have display models for some reason. I was mad last week because my Dad streetpassed someone at Wal-Mart and he never usually goes there, I go shopping at least twice a week out there and usually take it with and have never gotten anything. There's a larger town about 45 minutes from here they have Gamestop and E.B. during X-mas we were going there a lot shopping, I took my 3DS & never got anything.
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
4 years ago#29
aegilnet posted...
agreed, all streetpass features should have been changed to spotpass for NA regions.
most of the population is spread out too far...

this.
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB Fav5: Punk, Ziggler, Cesaro, Orton, Titus

User Info: Clutch716

Clutch716
4 years ago#30
Actually I get enough street passes in Pittsburgh. Its not a bad city for the 3ds.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Street pass sure is worthless if you don't live in a crowded city.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived