Buying a 3DS XL PLEASE help!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Buying a 3DS XL PLEASE help!

User Info: Madtheif07

Madtheif07
4 years ago#1
Hey everyone I desperately need the new Monster Hunter game in my life and am struggling to wait. I came into some extra money and decided to buy my 3ds XL today and then buy Monster Hunter when it came out.

I have zero idea what game I should to hold me over for the time being. I have thought about fire emblem but have never tried the series. I played way to much OoT on the N64 to play that again. I am unsure of the Resident Evil game. I just am lost here. I need a 3ds and am going to buy one in like an hour but what game do I get?
cowabunga

User Info: Makeveli_lives

Makeveli_lives
4 years ago#2
Resident Evil Revelations. 20 bucks new, and very worth the 40 it retailed for in the beginning. Great game, a lot of content, extensive online mode (both for solo and co-op play). Only crap thing about the game is the story. Otherwise:

Kingdom Hearts 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Kart 7 (comes free with the XL bundle, downloaded onto it though not a physical copy)
Tales of The Abyss
Virtue's Last Reward
Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2 (3D Land is better, only get this if you prefer 2D Mario series even though both of them are good games)
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6142 0263
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340

User Info: Dogscratch

Dogscratch
4 years ago#3
Fire Emblem: Awakening if SRPGs are your thang as well :)

Been loving it for the last week - one of the best games i've played in recent memory - at around 30 hours clocked thus far.
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding

Madtheif07
4 years ago#4
I think I am going to have to try Fire Emblem. I do like strategy games a lot and can't quite figure out why I am so nervous to get this game. What games have good multiplayer? I don't have any friends with a 3ds though. All my boys are just casuals ( COD and Madden gross). So what games have like online play. I really think I would like that.
cowabunga

Makeveli_lives
4 years ago#5
I think I am going to have to try Fire Emblem. I do like strategy games a lot and can't quite figure out why I am so nervous to get this game. What games have good multiplayer? I don't have any friends with a 3ds though. All my boys are just casuals ( COD and Madden gross). So what games have like online play. I really think I would like that.

Kid Icarus
Resident Evil Revalations
Mario Kart 7

The only decent online experiences on the 3DS.

Madtheif07
4 years ago#6
I went with Mario Kart. The guy at Gamestop asked me if I had ever even heard about a bad Mario Kart game and of course there is no bad Mario Kart game. So yeah I am SUPER happy with the game and system so far. Thank you everyone for the recommendations and I am really happy to be in the 3ds community now.
cowabunga

Makeveli_lives
4 years ago#7
I went with Mario Kart. The guy at Gamestop asked me if I had ever even heard about a bad Mario Kart game and of course there is no bad Mario Kart game. So yeah I am SUPER happy with the game and system so far. Thank you everyone for the recommendations and I am really happy to be in the 3ds community now.

Please tell me you got the bundle. The one that comes with Mario Kart 7 at no extra cost.

User Info: MrFwibbles

MrFwibbles
4 years ago#8
Madtheif07 posted...
The guy at Gamestop asked me if I had ever even heard about a bad Mario Kart game

Double Dash?
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Buying a 3DS XL PLEASE help!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived