Original 3DS owners: Your reasons for not getting the 3DS XL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Original 3DS owners: Your reasons for not getting the 3DS XL

User Info: Squirrelette

Squirrelette
4 years ago#51
I can't tolerate the much larger pixels. My eyes are getting very, very fussy and I can't focus properly on the XL's screen because of the pixel size. I've always been perfectly happy with the screen size on the original, so a much bigger screen just isn't an enticement to me.

I don't like the matte finish. I can't stand how the back plate peels away badly when trying to remove the SD card. I don't have particularly small hands, and despite the fact that the corners of the original digs in uncomfortably, I really, really don't want a *bigger* handheld. I don't find the size to be something I'd want to be holding for any length of time.

While the money isn't an issue for me, I also don't feel that the higher price is worth it just for a bigger screen, essentially.
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~

User Info: ares9090

ares9090
4 years ago#52
- Horrible design
- Bad color selection
- Lame speakers
- No dual circle pads

So yes, I am in the group that says it has no big improvements over a regular 3DS.
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk

User Info: nintendogger

nintendogger
4 years ago#53
It costs money?

Personally I'd rather replace my 3DS with a purple 3DS than with an XL.
Rah.

User Info: lipnox88

lipnox88
4 years ago#54
I bought 3ds XL entirely to get the best experience possible for kid icarus. Well worth $200 as Kid icarus is the best video game I've played in a long, long, long, long, long time. probably my 2nd favorite nintendo game ever behind ocarina of time.
Currently Enjoying; Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2,Ac3, mario U, nintendo land, marvel battle,

User Info: blackyoshi33

blackyoshi33
4 years ago#55
This is pointless to me. I got the original 3DS on launch day, AND the 3DS XL on launch day. I'm just that much of a Nintendo geek. I do admit, I would've got the 3DS XL instead, it is a lot better for the power of 3DS games; the 3D is pixely on the 3DS, but not much the XL.
---
Music ages different than humans; songs may get old, but they never die.

User Info: Shadowman621

Shadowman621
4 years ago#56
1. Don't feel like wasting money on something I already have
2. Don't see any major improvements that would warrant buying it
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon

User Info: Helban

Helban
4 years ago#57
Me personally; I'm waiting for Pokemon X and Y to release so I can see if there will be a special 3DS XL with a X and Y theme released as well (like the DSi getting a Black and White theme version). If no X and Y theme release, then I'll just buy one along with X and Y.

User Info: Dragonflame323

Dragonflame323
4 years ago#58
I had the Ambassador Blue and I was perfectly satisfied with it. To put it more succinctly, it worked perfectly fine and 3DS XL isn't much of an upgrade in my eyes so I don't feel the need to buy it.

Even when I need to buy another one now that I accidentally wrecked my old one, I'm still gonna opt for regular. :P
Strayy-ayyy~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoQuu7GPxAI

User Info: JustPlainEvil

JustPlainEvil
4 years ago#59
larger isn't always better.

I like my purple 3ds the way it is.
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
Phenom II X4 965(4.0ghz), Sapphire 7870, 8GB Gskill, BioStar A880G+, Seasonic S12II, W8.

User Info: atopp399

atopp399
4 years ago#60
The increase in screen size without an increase in resolution will make images appear more pixelated or have a little worse aliasing (jagged lines) or less crisp, especially games from past systems that already have a very low resolution. So for me the hit to image quality, even though it may be slight, isn't worth it. I never thought the regular 3DS had small screens to begin with anyway.

I just wish an updated 3DS with cleaner lines and smoother, rounded edges in a matte finish would be released.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Original 3DS owners: Your reasons for not getting the 3DS XL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived