Anyone perfer Original 3DS over the XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone perfer Original 3DS over the XL?

User Info: monkeyhead64

monkeyhead64
4 years ago#1
I traded in my original for the XL as soon as it came out and I loved the bigger screens. But it did seem cheap compared to the original.

Last week my XL got stolen so I need to buy a new one. But I am starting to think I might just buy an original one again. For one it has a better colour selection, is a bit more compact so fits onto my pockets unlike the XL and I think the original design is much better.

I did like playing original DS games on a bigger screen in their native resolution rather than the tiny boxes on the original.... but then I am thinking it wasnt all that bad when it was stretched to the 3DSs resolution anyway.

Im just keen to hear other peoples opinions on what the prefer.

Thanks

User Info: Skizze

Skizze
4 years ago#2
I am perfectly satisfied with my original 3DS. I dont feel the need to upgrade as it wont provide me with any additional game play value aside from larger screen, but that isnt nearly enough to warrant a 200 dollar purchase on my part.
DeviantART: skizze-filadelfo.deviantart.com
Tumblr: skizzefiladelfo.tumblr.com

User Info: badbadkitty

badbadkitty
4 years ago#3
I traded in my regular 3ds for an XL a couple months ago. I was finally able to play RE Revelations and actually see what I was aiming at. That little bit of extra screen I found to be a great help to me. Personally I think they could have gone even bigger.

User Info: dcaoKO

dcaoKO
4 years ago#4
I've stated this on the other thread, but I'll only upgrade if there are special edition bundles. Charizard XL?!? Instant buy for me.

User Info: teamaquashock

teamaquashock
4 years ago#5
I do, although I have nothing against the XL.

Everyone on this board seems to have civil wars arguing that XL is "required" to play 3DS games.

I like the original so much I might get the FE Bundle.
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-"

monkeyhead64
4 years ago#6
teamaquashock posted...
I do, although I have nothing against the XL.

Everyone on this board seems to have civil wars arguing that XL is "required" to play 3DS games.

I like the original so much I might get the FE Bundle.

I wish that bundle was coming to New Zealand, but unfortunately not =(

User Info: Curryfiend

Curryfiend
4 years ago#7
3DS XL is good if you have big hands, original is better if you have smaller hands. Mine are small so I prefer the regular 3DS especially since there's no way I could play Kid Icarus on the XL
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zg87ds.jpg

User Info: Bearpowers

Bearpowers
4 years ago#8
I like that it's matte, I seriously hate gloss on anything that isn't a screen.

The DSi had a sexy matte finish that I loved.

I hate the 2 NA colors though.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 years ago#9
I do. Honestly, I won't upgrade until another revision is out.
Currently Playing: Megaman ZX and Chrono Trigger

monkeyhead64
4 years ago#10
Bearpowers posted...
I like that it's matte, I seriously hate gloss on anything that isn't a screen.

The DSi had a sexy matte finish that I loved.

I hate the 2 NA colors though.

We have 3 here Red Blue and Silver, but still no good... I did see we had the white one over xmas but it was only for limited time... I dont know if white would be any good coz it would start to discolour i reckon
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone perfer Original 3DS over the XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived