The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

How to reset system to factory settings?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How to reset system to factory settings?

User Info: NovaCast

NovaCast
4 years ago#1
Bought the system used, its asking for some sort of pin to access the net ( which i don't have nor can i ever have access to) .

How can i reset it back to factory settings?

User Info: xxtearg0dxx

xxtearg0dxx
4 years ago#2
I think you need to call Nintendo customer service for a master key. Or bring it back to where you bought it and tell them there are parental controls on it and you need a new one.

User Info: Tzuba12

Tzuba12
4 years ago#3
Yeah just call Nintendo, they'll tell you how to disable Parentel Controls.
Posted using GameFlux. Get it for Free on Google Play. goo.gl/kh7B0

User Info: NovaCast

NovaCast
4 years ago#4
xxtearg0dxx posted...
I think you need to call Nintendo customer service for a master key. Or bring it back to where you bought it and tell them there are parental controls on it and you need a new one.

I didn't buy it from a business or store, i bought it off some young kid who i saw was selling it for really cheap at some store, he left the store and i saw him in the parking lot with his mother and offered him $25 more.

Checked out the system and made sure everything worked fine, but since i am not really familiar with 3ds systems i didn't know anything about the pin key issue. I don't know the kid nor do i have contact information so there really isn't a way to get the pin.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How to reset system to factory settings?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived