People actually never turn their system off?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. People actually never turn their system off?

User Info: Buttery_Toast

Buttery_Toast
4 years ago#11
It's not going to hurt it. We're not in the 90s anymore.
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: P3P, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Psychonauts

User Info: MogMoogle1

MogMoogle1
4 years ago#12
Aside from a few restarts, I haven't turned mine off since Pokemon W2's release.
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif

User Info: Tzuba12

Tzuba12
4 years ago#13
The tech in the 3DS is just like a cell phone. Most people never turn their cells off because you just don't have to. The 3DS was made to stay on in sleep mode so you can receive updates and spotpass stuff. Thats why they made they cradle, so you can just charge it when you aren't using it. I know it can be hard to get out of the mindset that you HAVE to turn your electronics off when you aren't using them, but like one poster said, this isn't the 90's anymore.
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba

User Info: DarkIVloon

DarkIVloon
4 years ago#14
i turn mine off every few days to get the Gyroscope working again otherwise it would be like turning your cellphone off everytime you're not making a call.
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!

User Info: LHS_2012

LHS_2012
4 years ago#15
I used to with the regular 3DS, but without a charging cradle I just turn my XL off when I'm done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4

User Info: DarkIVloon

DarkIVloon
4 years ago#16
other then a power outage, i havent turned my PC off in over a year either. :)
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!

User Info: Puzzles99

Puzzles99
4 years ago#17
Tzuba12 posted...
The tech in the 3DS is just like a cell phone. Most people never turn their cells off because you just don't have to. The 3DS was made to stay on in sleep mode so you can receive updates and spotpass stuff. Thats why they made they cradle, so you can just charge it when you aren't using it. I know it can be hard to get out of the mindset that you HAVE to turn your electronics off when you aren't using them, but like one poster said, this isn't the 90's anymore.

While I agree with all of this, technically you should still turn your phone off every once in a while, especially if you don't manually flush the RAM (not sure if iPhones let you do this, but Android phones do). Not to mention take the battery out and put it back in (which I guess you can't do with an iPhone either compared to an Android phone).

You can close out of programs all you want, but when you look at your processes info it still eats up more and more memory., meaning more and more strain is being put on processing power. With a fresh start most smartphones will be using anywhere from 200-250 mb of the ram from base operations, but when you go to clear the ram on a phone that hasn't been flushed in a while it's always up to 500-700 being used up, even when all active apps are closed.

User Info: xxxRemmyxxx

xxxRemmyxxx
4 years ago#18
I leave it on during the day, but I turn it off at night. I just can't fathom why people would leave it on ALL the time. It needs a rest once in a while.

User Info: donnbobhardy

donnbobhardy
4 years ago#19
Puzzles99 posted...

You can close out of programs all you want, but when you look at your processes info it still eats up more and more memory., meaning more and more strain is being put on processing power. With a fresh start most smartphones will be using anywhere from 200-250 mb of the ram from base operations, but when you go to clear the ram on a phone that hasn't been flushed in a while it's always up to 500-700 being used up, even when all active apps are closed.

Actually, I've noticed on my wife's iTouch (and presumably smart phones as well), that closing apps doesn't really close them. They stay on in the background. There's a special option to go in and actually turn them off.
---
3DS FC: 4296-3311-3613 PM if you add me

User Info: metalXgear

metalXgear
4 years ago#20
I have to leave it on all the time, because I take advantage of the StreetPass, I still check it all the time and since there's really no reason to ever turn it off I just leave it in sleep mode all the time. It still works fine just like it did day 1 and I got mine at launch.
Wii Console: 0917 6760 4711 4172
Wii nick name: Luis
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. People actually never turn their system off?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived