People actually never turn their system off?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. People actually never turn their system off?

User Info: Nowujalo

Nowujalo
4 years ago#21
My 3DS has an Off button?
I was forced to take out a mortgage on a house and the only job i could get was from the guy who "sold" me the house.
FREAKING ANIMAL CROSSING!

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
4 years ago#22
DeathSoul2000 posted...
seriously don't get why people do this. i mean i go through spaces of a couple days at a time where i have no interest in playing the 3ds. i'm not just gonna leave it on for those 2 days, if i'm not playing it on that particular day you bet its being turned off.

I'm pretty sure few people in that situation are leaving their systems on 24/7. Most of the people who leave it on actually use it every day. Besides actual games and Street/Spotpass, I use 3DS Sound, so I rarely turn my system off.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu
4 years ago#23
I turn mine off if I know in advance that I won't use it for some time (which never happens) or when I want to mess around with the stuff on my SD Card (which regularly happens).
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans

User Info: esoteric42

esoteric42
4 years ago#24
toke jopic

willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that TC leaves his 3DS in sleep mode just like everyone else.

;)
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141

User Info: MewtwoEx

MewtwoEx
4 years ago#25
I never turn off my computer, if that makes sense.
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg

User Info: Godstriker8

Godstriker8
4 years ago#26
I never turn off my Phones or Computers, but it just feels wrong to leave a game system on when not I will use. Hell, I used to manually unplug my PS2, because it felt like it wasn't truly off with the red light showing.
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!

User Info: Ruff_Puff

Ruff_Puff
4 years ago#27
I always turn mine off after I play, unless I'm Streetpassing my brother, or getting Playcoins.

I also find it weird that some people leave their 3DS' on overnight, but to each their own~
PSN: Ruff-Puff

User Info: ferofax

ferofax
4 years ago#28
Pedometer, Streetpass, and constant Spotpass at home. So no, I do not turn it off, and I try to keep it always on. I do not think it needs rebooting to flush the RAM; I think the OS is efficient enough to only use what it needs at any given time, seeing as it has a rather limited battery life. In fact, I don't believe it can sustain sniffing out for Streetpasses and Spotpasses for a whole day if it's not efficient.
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.

User Info: adampeltz

adampeltz
4 years ago#29
There's a sleep mode... I don't think I've turned it off once since I've purchased it.. 1 year later, there's no problems with my 3DS. I also think the OS is efficient enough to handle this... the only type of detrimental impact it might have is on the battery which are replaceable.

I wish there was a sleep mode so I could leave my Wii U perpetually powered on to receive and display messages on that controller... but unfortunately there's not.
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.

User Info: WillWare

WillWare
4 years ago#30
Solar_Crimson posted...
I turn mine off every night before I go to bed.
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Need something to do? Here's a maze: http://i.imgur.com/HSMCf.png
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. People actually never turn their system off?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived