hand problems?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. hand problems?

User Info: LurkN

LurkN
4 years ago#1
Hey all,
I've been playing with my 2 kids on the reg 3ds's I got for them and have not had any problems. Just bought a 3ds XL this week for myself to play some games i have really missed out on and new game i wanted to play [fire emblem awakening]. I start to have problems after about 20-30 minutes of playing. Starts in my outside lower palm -> side of hand -> pinky and continues in. The problem is that my digits start to go numb? a quick break and flapping my hands about for a few minutes relieves the problem. Just curious if anyone else has had the problem besides me. Also, I play sitting up, with the console griping it in my lap to rest on.

User Info: Echidneys

Echidneys
4 years ago#2
This happens to me too, I usually have to play with the DS hanging over the edge of the bed if lying down (which gets uncomfortable) or lower my hands. I think it has something to do with a rule about your hands being above heart-level.
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."

User Info: blakbird13

blakbird13
4 years ago#3
I have a Vita and have the same problem... I have arthritis in both my hands so they numb up a lot and quickly... So I use a hand grip made by CTA... I checked Amazon and they have one for the XL as well... You might check it out... It's made by Dream Gear not CTA but it has a decent rating... I find my grip really helps...

http://tinyurl.com/aunzjhm

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
4 years ago#4
That only happens for me when my elbows are resting on the bed or something... loss of blood flow, lol. At least my hands don't eventually cramp up a bit like with the original 3DS...

User Info: Ulyaoth74

Ulyaoth74
4 years ago#5
I never have problems so I'm not sure. But your fingers going numb is a sign that you aren't getting blood to them. You might be holding it wrong. You might have your arms or wrists twisted in a way to slow down blood flow. Which is why taking a brake and flapping your hands works because you are getting blood back to it.
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion

User Info: LurkN

LurkN
4 years ago#6
Thanks for the suggestions all.
@blakbird13- looking into that grip atm, ty.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
4 years ago#7
My right arm feels broken just below the elbow, I don't think it because of playing my 3ds though.

User Info: NettoSaito

NettoSaito
4 years ago#8
I'd recommend trying to hold the system differently. That actually happens with me when laying down playing games off of the Wii U game pad. Maybe try resting your hands on something, or resting your arms in a different way...
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. hand problems?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived