Does anyone else think the handhelds should get some 1st party 2D platform love?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does anyone else think the handhelds should get some 1st party 2D platform love?

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#1
I mean the Wii(and its looking like Wii u too) got an insane amount of 1st party 2D platformers, including NSMBWii, Wario Land DKCR, 2 kirbies, NPC Jungle Beat and SPM, if you count that.(personally i do)

What did the DS' get? 2 largely mediocre NSMB's, a YI sequel that was outsourced and pales to the original, a Wario platformer, again outsourced, doesn't even resemble previous Wario games, 2 Kirbies,(would you count mass attack? IDK myself) one of which was a remake and Super Princess Peach.

Come on, i'm tired of seeing the handhelds get the short end of the stick with their 2d platformers, its bad enough Wii u is getting Yoshi's Yarn who knows what else it'll get. I don't know about anyone else but i wanna see 3DS get some love, most notably a DKCR sequel(which has potential to look fantastic in 3D) and a long overdue new wario land.

User Info: RayzerTag

RayzerTag
4 years ago#2
Not first party, but you can get Cave Story and VVVVVV if you need some excellent 2d platformers.
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.

User Info: n00bifier

n00bifier
4 years ago#3
Not first party either, but there's MMZ Collection.
I can 100% garrentie you that if you take a pro console player and a pro PC player, the console player will win - Fritz0x8

User Info: Dark_Link92

Dark_Link92
4 years ago#4
Come on, Metroid 5!
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does anyone else think the handhelds should get some 1st party 2D platform love?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived