MH3U demo coming in only 2 days!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. MH3U demo coming in only 2 days!

User Info: darknight06

darknight06
4 years ago#11
That's what the console version is for, you know, where the online connection will actually be worth something. Handheld version is to take it all with you and is nothing more than a companion version of the game. That's all it really needs to be too.
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308

User Info: PinkyHaLa

PinkyHaLa
4 years ago#12
does anyone know if PAL are getting the demo too?

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
4 years ago#13
Cool. Guess I'll download it and see what's so good about the series.
Pokemon White 2 FC:0691-4768-6135

User Info: abbyhitter

abbyhitter
4 years ago#14
Holy_Oblivion posted...
Never played one of the games so this will be a good chance to see what all the hype is about.

This.
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!

User Info: wisemidds

wisemidds
4 years ago#15
darknight06 posted...
That's what the console version is for, you know, where the online connection will actually be worth something. Handheld version is to take it all with you and is nothing more than a companion version of the game. That's all it really needs to be too.

The days of watered down handheld games should be long gone- its people buying games like this and the handheld Lego games etc thats the cause of the problem. I'm not saying its wont be a great single player game and even great on local mp but it realy should have online mp imo.
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds

User Info: Shadow Stalker X

Shadow Stalker X
4 years ago#16
Holy_Oblivion posted...
Never played one of the games so this will be a good chance to see what all the hype is about.

Have to agree w/ this. The lack of online for something like this is a bit of a downer, but if I like it enough, I'll probably get MH4 (if it comes here and has online)
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.

User Info: SoaringDive

SoaringDive
4 years ago#17
As much as I seem to rag on the games on the boards, I'm kinda excited. Local multiplayer Monster Hunter is amazing - it's single player and online multiplayer Monster Hunter that's boring and awful.

...which is why I quit Tri after, like, 60 hours (majority of which were waiting in the lobby), but have over 200 clocked in for Freedom Unite. Monster Hunter is a game to play with your friends, in person.

EDIT: Anyways, 3DS and Wii/Wii U have different online infrastructures. It probably would have taken too much time/too much money to port that function over to the 3DS, when they are making MH4 from the ground up for the 3DS.
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive

User Info: -Zeke-

-Zeke-
4 years ago#18
SoaringDive posted...
Monster Hunter is a game to play with your friends, in person.

I agree with this
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
4 years ago#19
darknight06 posted...

That's a silly argument considering the Wii U version is just a port of the 3DS version (which predated it in Japan by a year)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U, demo coming February 21

User Info: SoaringDive

SoaringDive
4 years ago#20
Icewitch posted...
darknight06 posted...

That's a silly argument considering the Wii U version is just a port of the 3DS version (which predated it in Japan by a year)

And then the online infrastructure is ported from Wii to Wii U. 3DS's online infrastructure is vastly different than the Wii, and it's much more trouble to port it to 3DS (hence why MH4 has online built from the ground up for 3DS).
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. MH3U demo coming in only 2 days!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived