Wow, Kid Icarus is spectacular

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Wow, Kid Icarus is spectacular

User Info: third_eye_zero0

third_eye_zero0
4 years ago#1
Besides the controls (which aren't half bad on an XL), this game is nearly flawless. I haven't had this much fun with an on-rails game since Star Fox 64.

The menus are organized well; Taking weapons into a practice mode is very convenient.

While the land battles aren't quite as spectacular IMO, the weapons system/fusing at least makes it interesting.

Hats of to Project Sora.

User Info: Dinoman96

Dinoman96
4 years ago#2
A lot of people really seem to dislike this game, and I don't even think it's just because of the controls.
wargle gargle

User Info: Vermineater

Vermineater
4 years ago#3
Why do they dislike it? Each stage is like a comedic act, it has a semi-fun online for like a few rounds at a time, and it's well made overall.
3DS: 1461-6354-3360

User Info: Dinoman96

Dinoman96
4 years ago#4
Vermineater posted...
Why do they dislike it? Each stage is like a comedic act, it has a semi-fun online for like a few rounds at a time, and it's well made overall.

thing is, i dunno.

not to point out names but whenever we usually have a "what's the most overrated/disappointing 3ds game out there!", some come out and shout this game without ever explaining why.
wargle gargle

User Info: KeleenRem

KeleenRem
4 years ago#5
Ehh, you'll get bored of it after playing it over 300 hours.

User Info: Anclation

Anclation
4 years ago#6
Dinoman96 posted...
A lot of people really seem to dislike this game, and I don't even think it's just because of the controls.

Define "a lot of people". Before Fire Emblem: Awakening, it was generally considered the best 3DS game on this board (certainly the best 3DS game to come out in 2012), and the user scores for it are usually extremely good.

User Info: RRDarken

RRDarken
4 years ago#7
I really enjoyed the gameplay, but the controls made it a short-term investment for me. I don't really understand why they decided to go that route for land battle. If they had just used a traditional scheme there (ie. move with analog, use D-Pal to attack, no cursor to aim), I probably would have loved the game. The flight combat was fine, but I just couldn't get the hang of the land combat.

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
4 years ago#8

they dislike it for the controls. some dislike the story.
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.

User Info: Evonfire

Evonfire
4 years ago#9
I got tired of it after 15 hours when I finished the campaign. It is a spectacular game, and truly a one of a kind. But I just didn't enjoy it as much as other 3DS games.
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.

User Info: Power Turtle

Power Turtle
4 years ago#10
horrible controls, linear, too childish.

Just my opinions, but i couldn't stand it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Wow, Kid Icarus is spectacular

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived