Help doing an SD card transfer!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Help doing an SD card transfer!

User Info: bskiffington

bskiffington
4 years ago#1
So, I tried to transfer files off of my old SD card to my new SD card. I copied them off the old card to my computer, then copy/pasted them onto my new card, which is what I heard I needed to do. However, now, when I load the card in my 3DS it will show Fire Emblem Awakening, which was downloaded originally on the new card, but my games on the old card that I tried to transfer over are nowhere to be found.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

bskiffington
4 years ago#2
bump

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
4 years ago#3
If you actually copy/pasted everything on the card, I have no idea.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: ss4gogeta_dark

ss4gogeta_dark
4 years ago#4
Just copy the stuff to your PC and then put it on the new SD card. That simple.
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1600mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
4 years ago#5
Sounds more to me like you never did a system transfer from your old 3ds to your new 3ds. If you never did that and sold the old one already then you've lost those games.

keyblader1985
4 years ago#6
...Don't you love it when people don't bother reading the first post?

User Info: neonick

neonick
4 years ago#7
I'd try it again if I were you. But don't copy & paste. Click & drag the Nintendo 3DS file on your old card to your desktop. Then click and drag that file to the new SD card. Should be that simple.
OWS: "a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves." Frank Miller

bskiffington
4 years ago#8
Playsaver posted...
Sounds more to me like you never did a system transfer from your old 3ds to your new 3ds. If you never did that and sold the old one already then you've lost those games.

It wasn't a system transfer, I'm using the same 3DS.

Ive tried the above suggestions and it still won't read the games that I transferred, they aren't even showing up in the menu. Also, I checked how many blocks the card had, and for some reason it was the exact same number before and after transferring the other games, which definitely makes no sense.

keyblader1985
4 years ago#9
If that's the case, you should definitely check the card again on your PC. Sounds like something went wrong with the copying process, or worst-case scenario the SD card is not working properly.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Help doing an SD card transfer!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived