That Castlevania demo was awesome, but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. That Castlevania demo was awesome, but...

User Info: legionofpancake

legionofpancake
4 years ago#1
It's missing that epic Castlevania music.
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
Sonic for Hire= Greatest web series I've ever seen.

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 years ago#2
Well the music is being composed by the guy who did the first LoS. The music in that game wasn't traditional CV music either but I thought it was great in its own right.

Not a whole lot of music has been heard for this game so far. I am liking this bit in the following vid though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6OQRnHB7A
This is an elite pirate

legionofpancake
4 years ago#3
bcornelia posted...
Well the music is being composed by the guy who did the first LoS. The music in that game wasn't traditional CV music either but I thought it was great in its own right.

Not a whole lot of music has been heard for this game so far. I am liking this bit in the following vid though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6OQRnHB7A

Yeah, it was great in LoS but that game had a very different feel to it. Since this feels more like a more traditional Castlevania feeling game, the soundtrack would be really cool like that ya know? But hey I can dig it, the game is still really fun. That was a good sound clip, too.

bcornelia
4 years ago#4
legionofpancake posted...
Since this feels more like a more traditional Castlevania feeling game

Does it though? I can't say I agree. It's LoS in 2D with more gothic than fantasy elements.
This is an elite pirate

legionofpancake
4 years ago#5
bcornelia posted...

Does it though? I can't say I agree. It's LoS in 2D with more gothic than fantasy elements.

Yeah, it did to me at least. The art style might be like LoS, but I think that's the way Castlevania games are supposed to follow as visuals improve. Dracula X Chronicles on PSP was kinda like that, but I don't remember it well enough to fully justify.

bcornelia
4 years ago#6
bcornelia posted...

Yeah, it did to me at least. The art style might be like LoS, but I think that's the way Castlevania games are supposed to follow as visuals improve. Dracula X Chronicles on PSP was kinda like that, but I don't remember it well enough to fully justify.

Well, I'm mostly just talking about the gameplay. I agree with you about the artstyle.
This is an elite pirate

legionofpancake
4 years ago#7
Yeah, the gameplay feels like Metroidvania style, as much as I hate that term. In the demo there are a few areas that looked like they required some backtracking and skills. The only part unlike that style- in my opinion- is the slower paced combat, which is awesome. I think it's required, too, since fast action would look kinda weird for this game.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. That Castlevania demo was awesome, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived