What happened to Super Mario Galaxy

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What happened to Super Mario Galaxy

User Info: Guitarist76

Guitarist76
4 years ago#1
Has there been any word on the 3DS version. Im asking because when th 3DS was announced there was a trailer or image for Super Mario Galaxy.
if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig
Rock n' Roll aint noise pollution

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 years ago#2
what

none of this ever happened
This is an elite pirate

User Info: JurassicBond

JurassicBond
4 years ago#3
There was a video of someone playing Galaxy on the 3DS, but it was fake. You're probably thinking of that.
Reading: A Clash of Kings - George R. R. Martin
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 years ago#4
JurassicBond posted...
There was a video of someone playing Galaxy on the 3DS, but it was fake. You're probably thinking of that.

The hoax that I'm thinking of was for the original DS. Was there a different one?
This is an elite pirate

User Info: grans

grans
4 years ago#5
Didn't hear about any decent hoaxes for a 3DS version. The DS one though was pretty damn awesome, it was designed with the DS hardware limitations in mind and it COULD have been possible to make such a game on the system. I don't think there was ever a trailer or image of Galaxy on 3DS outside of hoaxes.

Interviews on 3D Land have stated that the developers were looking to make a Galaxy-like game on the 3DS. They even did some tests and ran Galaxy 2 on a small screen, which indicates it was their intention to either port or make a new Galaxy on the system. Their claim was that it was too difficult to see Mario on a tiny screen in that gameplay form and so they chose a different route entirely and made 3D Land. The camera system was simplified for that reason apparently.
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What happened to Super Mario Galaxy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived