Are Black 3DS XL's not made any more?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Are Black 3DS XL's not made any more?

User Info: tremain07

tremain07
4 years ago#1
3 stores and all of them only have blue XL's or pink XL's as well as red and black regular 3DS's

I'd order from amazon but I have the cash in my hands rather then in a bank account so im stuck
I got nothing

User Info: Haderia

Haderia
4 years ago#2
They weren't made to begin with.

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
4 years ago#3
If you are in the United States, they were never a color option here.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/

User Info: fangornkaiser

fangornkaiser
4 years ago#4
Black 3DS XL was never released outside of Japan.

User Info: tremain07

tremain07
4 years ago#5
aww dammit so if I want either that or the white one i'd have to pay amazons absurb price?
I got nothing
You wouldn't be able to play NA 3DS games on them anyways.

User Info: Moonse

Moonse
4 years ago#7
There are Monster Hunter Bundles here in Aus that come with a Black 3DS XL. Pity Aus consoles are never worth buying unless you like missing games.
I'm guessing NA doesn't have such a bundle? Maybe one's coming?

User Info: Janus151

Janus151
4 years ago#8
Black 3DS XL is currently only available in Japan right now.

It will be available in Europe on March 19th when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out.

no word on any North American release of it. :(
(note: I'm in North America, therefore I'm sad)

User Info: brianrpgfan

brianrpgfan
4 years ago#9
tremain07 posted...
aww dammit so if I want either that or the white one i'd have to pay amazons absurb price?

Actually in North America Nintendo never did release a white version 3ds xl except the pink 3ds which is white color when you open the system. So technically the pink 3ds xl is really not a real pink 3ds. It should be labeled as the pink/white 3ds xl ! And also this system cost way more in Amazon because Nintendo did not make many of them ( limited edition) unlike the blue/black or red/black 3ds xl . In fact it is really hard to find the pink/white 3ds xl at a local retail store!

User Info: Janus151

Janus151
4 years ago#10
brianrpgfan posted...
tremain07 posted...

Actually in North America Nintendo never did release a white version 3ds xl except the pink 3ds which is white color when you open the system. So technically the pink 3ds xl is really not a real pink 3ds. It should be labeled as the pink/white 3ds xl ! And also this system cost way more in Amazon because Nintendo did not make many of them ( limited edition) unlike the blue/black or red/black 3ds xl . In fact it is really hard to find the pink/white 3ds xl at a local retail store!

actually, not anymore, 2 weeks ago, Nintendo made the Pink/White 3DS XL an official color, and is not limited edition anymore.

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/features/#/colors

so it should cost the same.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Are Black 3DS XL's not made any more?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived