Kind of bored by the current game offerings

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Kind of bored by the current game offerings

User Info: Puddingchan

Puddingchan
4 years ago#1
To be honest I find myself looking at the upcoming games and I find that while some of the games are nice, there's nothing that gets people hyped up or much to look forward to at the moment post-March release.

Anyone feeling the same way?

User Info: SefcaBlight

SefcaBlight
4 years ago#2
nope
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you

User Info: Deimos259

Deimos259
4 years ago#3
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

Finally the 3DS is getting great games
This is serious business, remember that.

User Info: xxxRemmyxxx

xxxRemmyxxx
4 years ago#4
I'm guessing you never heard of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers? You might want to give that a look.

User Info: Puddingchan

Puddingchan
4 years ago#5
Deimos259 posted...
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

I'm only slightly interested in this one, but the release date is so far away. September or so right? I don't plan on preordering this yet until I hear more information about the game.

(What I really want to see released is DQM Terry's Wonderland in English, for which they have nothing announced as of yet.)

xxxRemmyxxx posted...
I'm guessing you never heard of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers? You might want to give that a look.

No...not my type of game here.

User Info: hyper kobun dash

hyper kobun dash
4 years ago#6
Looking forward to:

Soul Hackers
Project X Zone
Rune Factory 4
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9

xxxRemmyxxx
4 years ago#7
Puddingchan posted...
Deimos259 posted...
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

I'm only slightly interested in this one, but the release date is so far away. September or so right? I don't plan on preordering this yet until I hear more information about the game.

(What I really want to see released is DQM Terry's Wonderland in English, for which they have nothing announced as of yet.)

xxxRemmyxxx posted...

Ok, so you would rather have some kiddy Pokemon game that rehashes the same stupid gimmick every gen. Gotcha.

User Info: LinkMaster2703

LinkMaster2703
4 years ago#8
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
Puddingchan posted...
Deimos259 posted...
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

xxxRemmyxxx posted...

Ok, so you would rather have some kiddy Pokemon game that rehashes the same stupid gimmick every gen. Gotcha.

Kiddy is a state of mind, the mechanics behind Pokemon are much deeper than that of Soul Hackers. And you want to talk about rehashes? You do realize that Soul Hackers is a port, right? Sure, the original wasn't released overseas, but your comment still drips with irony. SMT "rehashes" a lot too, don't be a troll.

xxxRemmyxxx
4 years ago#9
LinkMaster2703 posted...
xxxRemmyxxx posted...
Puddingchan posted...
Deimos259 posted...
Nope.

DeSu Overclocked
FE Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon XY
M&L 4

xxxRemmyxxx posted...

Kiddy is a state of mind, the mechanics behind Pokemon are much deeper than that of Soul Hackers. And you want to talk about rehashes? You do realize that Soul Hackers is a port, right? Sure, the original wasn't released overseas, but your comment still drips with irony. SMT "rehashes" a lot too, don't be a troll.

Not being a troll, just stating facts. Pokemon just keeps doing the same plotless game over and over, just using different Pokemon. The SMT games do have the Demon/Persona fusion thing, but it's stories are different at least. With Pokemon, once you played one, you pretty much played them all for the most part.

User Info: LinkMaster2703

LinkMaster2703
4 years ago#10
Naw, that's opinion. The games have a plot, and the newer games have even had pretty decent plots. The gameplay, on the other hand, is extremely nuanced and changes a lot between generations.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Kind of bored by the current game offerings

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived