The only reason people don't like Sticker star is because it changed stuff.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. The only reason people don't like Sticker star is because it changed stuff.

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
4 years ago#1
Topic. People are just upset that the game went in a different direction and changed things up. They wanted a game like thousand year door and they didn't get it. If you wanted to play a GameCube game, then you should have just plugged in your GameCube and done so. True fans of the series will be able to see the game for what it is: a fresh, new, and interesting entry in the Paper Mario franchise.

So why is this the go to argument whenever I see a lot whenever it gets brought up that people didn't like Sticker Star? As someone who did, in fact, thoroughly enjoy the game, I don't understand this. Yes, there are people who do get upset at sequels simply because things were changed. But I see this comment used even after somebody who dislikes the game give their reasons. I have rarely seen someone state that they wanted a "port of the GameCube game". Most people just say that they didn't like the watered down combat (which is objectively was), the lack of a story, the fact that the main villain didn't talk or have any dialogue, the final dungeon not being much of a dungeon, etc.

And to be honest, this applies to pretty much any other sequel in any series.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
4 years ago#2
"Change" is different from "Downgrade"
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax

User Info: GenericName9

GenericName9
4 years ago#3
Argh. There's a ****storm a-brewin'
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
4 years ago#4
Yeah change stuff to crap.

All attacks are item based. No unlimited normal attacks. Limited amount of space for items too.

Battles are pointless.

At times I want to avoid battle so I don't have to use half my inventory.
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.

User Info: micfolio

micfolio
4 years ago#5
I have no desire to play an RPG where there's no reward for battle.
GT: Johnny Pott
PSN: Johnny_Pott

User Info: DarkLink346

DarkLink346
4 years ago#6
GloryChaos posted...
a fresh, new, and interesting entry in the Paper Mario franchise

Fresh: They used the same overworld map they've been using for 20 years. I thought we were past that kind of layout when we developed open world games, but they keep going back to that. I feel like it's a cheap and easy way to get around having to integrate the parts of the world.

Interesting: Paper Mario and TTYD both had great stories that made you want to keep playing to see what happened next. The only reason I even completed SPM was because the characters were dynamic and interesting. This game doesn't have ANY story aside from "go collect some things" and I was sorely disappointed by this. Did I want a TTYD clone? No, but I wanted a story.
Use the damn search button!
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

User Info: Buttery_Toast

Buttery_Toast
4 years ago#7
I have never played a Paper Mario game before, so I thought I'd be fine with the game, but after about four hours I got tired of the sticker bullcrap.
My body is always Reggie.
http://backloggery.com/dethbryte

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
4 years ago#8
iammaxhailme posted...
"Change" is different from "Downgrade"

This. Get it right, people.

Sticker Star is basically a jumble of boring old elements from the past Paper Marios and NSMB, poorly made and lazy attempts at being innovative, and a pinch of actual quality.
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!

User Info: emeraldsco

emeraldsco
4 years ago#9
I can understand why certain folks would be unhappy with it but it's really not a bad game. It's alright.
Some people possess talent, others are possessed by it. When that happens, the talent becomes a curse...

User Info: nintendogger

nintendogger
4 years ago#10
I enjoyed Sticker Star, I don't think it deserves the hate that it gets, but oh well. I'll just enjoy while having the entire 3DS board screaming in my ear "THAT'S A BAD GAME."
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning and Style Saavy:Trendsetters
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. The only reason people don't like Sticker star is because it changed stuff.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived