Anybody else like top down zelda more than 3d?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anybody else like top down zelda more than 3d?

User Info: KiritoArt

KiritoArt
4 years ago#1
My favs have been oracles, link's awakening, zelda 1, and alttp. Anybody else feel that way?
NNID: SuperLuigi PSN:KiritoArt XBL:ChaseBelmont

User Info: tranceaddict19

tranceaddict19
4 years ago#2
Ya I really enjoyed phantom hourglass, and of course Link to the Past is classic amazingness.
360 GT- eljuanandonly

User Info: Wynters387

Wynters387
4 years ago#3
I enjoy both.
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)

User Info: ARsignal11

ARsignal11
4 years ago#4
Wynters387 posted...
I enjoy both.

This.

I have liked every Zelda game that I have played, 3D or top down.

User Info: KiritoArt

KiritoArt
4 years ago#5
I mean don't get me wrong, I looove oot, mm, tp, and ww. I just like top down more.
NNID: SuperLuigi PSN:KiritoArt XBL:ChaseBelmont

User Info: Shadowstar108

Shadowstar108
4 years ago#6
3D has it's merits (see Twilight Princess), but I'd very much like to see A Link to the Past on the VC. Probably won't happen, though. Zelda hasn't seen a top down game since Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, and they were kind of meh.
~Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem: Awakening~

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#7
all the amazing top down zeldas save for ALTTP are stuck in 8-bit, while the crappy, half-assed, 5-6 dungeons zeldas all get glorious graphics. its like better graphics = less effort. therefore i prefer 3d zeldas.

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
4 years ago#8
I love both. But the Oracle games are probably my favourite,
Professional Chespin fanboy.

User Info: KaitaNuva

KaitaNuva
4 years ago#9
I tried playing one of the 2d zelda games way back when but I found it really bland. It just felt like Castlevania combat, and I friggin hate Castlevania.

I could actually stand 3d Zelda (OoT specifically) because it had more dimensions. Face it, you could do 10x more in a 3d world than 2d. I can't imagine the puzzles in the old Zelda games being as elaborate as OoT's.
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w

User Info: Wekos1187

Wekos1187
4 years ago#10
KaitaNuva posted...
I tried playing one of the 2d zelda games way back when but I found it really bland. It just felt like Castlevania combat, and I friggin hate Castlevania.

I could actually stand 3d Zelda (OoT specifically) because it had more dimensions. Face it, you could do 10x more in a 3d world than 2d. I can't imagine the puzzles in the old Zelda games being as elaborate as OoT's.

I think the 2D puzzles were more difficult. Just me I guess.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anybody else like top down zelda more than 3d?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived