Question about the useless data transfer update

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question about the useless data transfer update
I don't have the digital version, but I just want to transfer my NSMBros. 2 save file to my 3DS or SD Card, then sell the game. Can that happen? If not, my wait for this update is for nothing.

If I copy my Mario Kart 7 cart save file to my MK7 digital version, I heard it's a cut & paste, not copy & paste, is that true? I don't want it to be stuck in my 3DS, I want my brother to be able to play it too with everything unlocked.

This is dumb just like the Wii to Wii U data transfer tool since it renders my Wii useless after all save data is transfered to my Wii U but there's games that GCN controller is a must.
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#2
Its called a TRANSFER for a reason, meaning it transfers data, not copies.

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
4 years ago#3
cut and paste. save file from cart to digital version. no turning back.
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
LegendaryHeroReborn 3 years ago#4
Wow these data transfers are useless after all. I wish I can save all files to the system itself & easily copy save files.

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
3 years ago#5
that would be somewhat good and bad. good because you can make backups in case your file gets deleted/corrupted. bad because hackers could hack the saves
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.

User Info: RocketZXblue

RocketZXblue
3 years ago#6
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
that would be somewhat good and bad. good because you can make backups in case your file gets deleted/corrupted. bad because hackers could hack the saves
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess, Kid Icarus)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX

User Info: Dark Mousy

Dark Mousy
3 years ago#7
I'm excited for it. I want certain games like Mario kart digital, but I have so much gameplay invested in my physical copy since I got it at launch. This allows me to seamlessly continue and lose the card. It will become useless once I have replaced all the games I would like digital instead of physical, which also includes mercenaries and star fox. I doubt I will "replace" physical games after that, since I decide ahead of time if I want it physical or digital now (seeing as how he option wasn't around back then).
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
3 years ago#8
IAznDragonI Yan posted...

You've been able to make 3DS save data backups of carts since the 3DS came out. There are a few third party tools that already do it. Editing and restoring saves however is a different matter.

I have most of my 3DS saves backed up already.
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.

User Info: Drac_Mazoku

Drac_Mazoku
3 years ago#9
Just go all digital, and you can always back-up your entire SD card :) So you can alway roll-back to a prior date if anything happen to your save (of course you need to roll back your entire SD card content...but still, I'm happy I can do this kind of backup by going all digital).
My 3DS digital games collection and slow progression beating it:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
LegendaryHeroReborn 3 years ago#10
I didn't know there were 3rd party software that can copy/backup save files! I googled the link below, is that good or do you have another cheaper recommendation? Does this device mean that Pokemon games & Mystery Dungeon that normally has 1 save file slot, I can transfer my brother's saved game file in my computer & I can have my own save file?
http://www.r4-3ds.net/savedongle/r4i-savedongle-for-ds-lite-dsi-dsi-xl-3ds.html

Michi Mousy, I will never completely go digital since used retail copy is cheaper, there's sales/discounts too, storage space can get filled up someday, I can't let my brother borrow my games, I can't sell digital after I got tired of it, or I could lose my 3DS or someone could steal it & forever lose all my save game files.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question about the useless data transfer update

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived