Save Data Transfer Tool Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Save Data Transfer Tool Question

User Info: DivineAll

DivineAll
4 years ago#1
So... in order for the save data transfer tool to work one must buy both the psychical and digital copies of the game for it to work? If so, do I need to re-buy the digital copy if I want to sell the physical one? Someone help me with this, I'm still a little confused.
White 2 FC: 5415 7757 0390

User Info: Boney00

Boney00
4 years ago#2
I would put it this way. The save transfer tool would be useful if you had a physical copy of a game and want to continue it via the digital copy. It doesn't work the other way around.
PSN: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964

User Info: EbonMagician

EbonMagician
4 years ago#3
This tool would be so much better if it didn't require you to own the digital version first, if it was a way to back up your save BEFORE you sold the physical copy, that way, you have more of a reason to buy the digital version in the future

since most people will sell their physical copy of a game because they are short on money and cant really buy the digital version, then transfer the save, THEN sell the physical version.
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Save Data Transfer Tool Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived