After Pokemon X and Y come out, GameFreak should take a break from Pokemon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. After Pokemon X and Y come out, GameFreak should take a break from Pokemon

User Info: TAoR

TAoR
4 years ago#61
I would love for Gamefreak to take a little break from pkmn. Their non-pkmn games have always been great so more of this would be wonderful

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
4 years ago#62
They have made some solid other series and some awful ones. It's a gamble, but it would be cool if they went all out on a totally new series.
Official Eeyore of the Winnie the Pooh Homerun Derby Board (Totally Serious)

User Info: ADHDguitar

ADHDguitar
4 years ago#63
Sheesh guys all I want is for Game Freak to be able to exercise their creativity a little.

A 2-3 year break in between Pokemon games won't kill you. I know X and Y will be enough for me personally.
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2

User Info: Singerton

Singerton
4 years ago#64
It would be great.

Having all the minds behind games like Drill Dozer, Harmoknight, Pulseman, and Earthbound all working on a new IP would be amazing, instead of just having selected individuals or small teams of the entire division.

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
4 years ago#65
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHv9acm3fF0

User Info: SSx4Leonjr

SSx4Leonjr
4 years ago#66
Absolutely not!
They need to start work on a Handheld-style Poke'mon for the Wii-U. One that's just like the handhelds, is done in a 3-D world (sorta like Zelda: Ocarina of Time was on N-64), Lets you link up with your Wii-U friends over the internet to Trade, Battle or play Co-op in the Poke'mon world at the same time (semi-psudo MMO, just players you invite into your game) & where you can custom design your own trainer avatar to use in-game (like how you could make a trainer in Poke'mon Battle Revolution).

I'm sick of every console version of Poke'mon being Stadium, Colosseum, Snap or Poke'park! The whole 'social' aspect for trading excuse is lame & old! people today do social stuff ONLINE now; & Gamefreak needs to realize this!
A Poke'mon game on Wii-U with an online function would really widen the horizon of what they could do with Poke'mon & could reach far more people & fans!; I for one would instantly want a Poke'mon on the Wii-U if it was just like the handhelds & in a 3-D world, especially if it had an online co-op function as well.

Anyway rant over & I hope there are others that like my ideas & that agree that this needs to be done.
X-box GT: SSx4 Leonjr PSN name:D_and_K_Dobbs
Waiting for Final Fantasy:XIV A Realm Reborn (PS3)

User Info: retrogamer28

retrogamer28
4 years ago#67
Singerton posted...
It would be great.

Having all the minds behind games like Drill Dozer, Harmoknight, Pulseman, and Earthbound all working on a new IP would be amazing, instead of just having selected individuals or small teams of the entire division.

GF didn't make earth bound, HAL and Ape (now Creatures) did.

I wouldn't mind GF making more non pokemon games, but thats because they have like 3 teams I think, the A team (makes the first games of each generation), the B team (makes remakes and new IPs), and the C team (makes the 3rd version games, but they may or may not help the other two when they don't have a project)*. So have A and C working on Pokemon games all the team, while B makes remakes every other pkmn gen and a new IP on the gen they don't.

*The number of teams and which projects they manage is part speculation and part educated guess, so I would love if some one could let us know whether it's true or not.

User Info: jakestar0306

jakestar0306
4 years ago#68
Wetterdew posted...
It might be cool if they made a new, fully fleshed IP game instead of making a third version.

Because HarmoKnight totally didn't come out two days ago.
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.

User Info: Ansem_the_evil

Ansem_the_evil
4 years ago#69
No pokemon is one of the game series I always go bck to each gen when Im gdone with all current games in my logg
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950

User Info: HyperGregar

HyperGregar
4 years ago#70
kylemcauliffe15 posted...
Yes. I want to see them make more original titles.

This. I want to see something new for change.
Co-Leader and Orbitar King of KI:U Clan KIL. Afro Dude 3DS FC-1934-1580-9192 We get the all-mighty boom stick-RoahmMythril
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. After Pokemon X and Y come out, GameFreak should take a break from Pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived