Mario Tennis Open ceased production?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mario Tennis Open ceased production?

User Info: kirbybrawl

kirbybrawl
3 years ago#1
i went to a gamestop yesterday in palm beach county fl looking for tennis open and i was told the game has ceased production. The employee did search around the area and told me a nearby store did have one new and that the warehouse a copy left. i have seen new copies in toys r us and walmart but who knows how long they have been sitting on the shelf.

User Info: SalsaSavant

SalsaSavant
3 years ago#2
Not a surprise.

I doubt i sold well. It had zero innovation and was pretty bare bones.
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
3 years ago#3
lol...
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com

User Info: KAMMYqueen

KAMMYqueen
3 years ago#4
i know it didne't sell very well so it could have
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!

User Info: MrAntike184

MrAntike184
3 years ago#5
Its one of the best selling 3DS games... so how did it not sell well?
Proud owner of 3DS XL, GBA SP, N64, Xbox 360 & PS2.
Favorite game series: Zelda, F-Zero, & Kid Icarus.

User Info: jovewolf

jovewolf
3 years ago#6
It's entirely possible and may be true, but in my experience, "Ceased Production" is often just Gamestop-speak for "We're not buying any more copies."
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."

User Info: Mottman

Mottman
3 years ago#7
What the heck has happened to Camelot? Between Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Mario Tennis Open, it seems the quality of their games has really gone downhill in recent years. Did they have a major personnel shakeup there or something?
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts

User Info: Klon_Redfield

Klon_Redfield
3 years ago#8
Mottman posted...
What the heck has happened to Camelot? Between Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Mario Tennis Open, it seems the quality of their games has really gone downhill in recent years. Did they have a major personnel shakeup there or something?

A shame really, they were one of my favorite devs in the GBC/GBA era.
Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PS3), Ni no Kuni (PS3), Disgaea 3 (PSV), Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

User Info: kirbybrawl

kirbybrawl
3 years ago#9
When i bought this game when it came out i did have fun with it but after about a couple hours of playing it, it felt very bare. I just wanted to buy the game again because i left it at my brothers house in another state and we can play something other than mario kart online.

User Info: Marsford

Marsford
3 years ago#10
I played 55 hours of that game rather quickly. Online was fun but became broken and then I said f*** it.

y no RPG mode >=(
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mario Tennis Open ceased production?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived