Strange problem with shoulder buttons, is this normal?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Strange problem with shoulder buttons, is this normal?

User Info: X_ULTIMA_X

X_ULTIMA_X
3 years ago#1
If i have to hold down the shoulder buttons in a game sometimes i let a little pressure off and it wont stay pressed. Like its clicking back up before its clicked back up if that makes any sense. They work fine but there have been a few occasions where the press would degister if i released pressure but the l and r buttons where still clicked down. Is this normal?
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012

X_ULTIMA_X
3 years ago#2
Bump
Regards, Dolan

X_ULTIMA_X
3 years ago#3
Bump
Regards, Dolan

User Info: AncientRomeBC

AncientRomeBC
3 years ago#4
my xl does not do this
3DS XL = 2423 2409 6597 VITA = Merlin--Camelot
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar

X_ULTIMA_X
3 years ago#5
I just realised that my brothers does it aswell but its not as bad, for something ive had for a week, i wonder if it should be doing this
Regards, Dolan

X_ULTIMA_X
3 years ago#6
Any suggestions?
Regards, Dolan

User Info: DeathSnipe777

DeathSnipe777
3 years ago#7
The shoulder buttons on the XL have been known to have problems. Depending on when you purchased the system it might be a good idea to just ship it to Nintendo and let them repair it if it's still under warranty. The R button on my Pikachu XL simply stopped responding completely (no matter how many times it was pressed), so I sent it in and now it's working perfectly.
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu

X_ULTIMA_X
3 years ago#8
DeathSnipe777 posted...
The shoulder buttons on the XL have been known to have problems. Depending on when you purchased the system it might be a good idea to just ship it to Nintendo and let them repair it if it's still under warranty. The R button on my Pikachu XL simply stopped responding completely (no matter how many times it was pressed), so I sent it in and now it's working perfectly.

Yeah i understand that they can stop working. Its really minor but i do notice it sometimes. And it makes me think its normal because both of my shoulder buttons do it. I wont send it in unless it get worse, i just need some assurance i guess
Regards, Dolan

X_ULTIMA_X
3 years ago#9
DeathSnipe777 posted...

Out of curiousity, since they would be changing the button if i sent it in, would they make the shoulder buttons feel the same when clicked if i requested it? My r button doesnt seem as clicky and a bit more loose that my l button and its bugging me
Regards, Dolan

User Info: DeathSnipe777

DeathSnipe777
3 years ago#10
They would probably just do it automatically. My previous R button felt like it would catch on something inside the system. When I got it back it felt just like the (normal) L button.
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Strange problem with shoulder buttons, is this normal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived