If all digital versions of game were $5 cheaper than their retailer counterparts

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If all digital versions of game were $5 cheaper than their retailer counterparts

User Info: SPDShadowRanger

SPDShadowRanger
4 years ago#11
$34.99 is the retail price as well.

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
4 years ago#12
uhhhhhh... all i care about is getting the game early.
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~

User Info: ShadowkhNinja

ShadowkhNinja
4 years ago#13
no needs to be like 25% off for the digital version
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-

User Info: Aqouze

Aqouze
4 years ago#14
right now i already pay everything $5 more since i have to import everything.

i just choose to be collector :3

User Info: Deimos259

Deimos259
4 years ago#15
Make it $10 and then maybe

User Info: badboy

badboy
4 years ago#16
GlamGlorps posted...
No, because the retail eventually drops to $5-10 on sale where as the digital stays at $35 for-ev-ver.

I don't know about Nintendo's business model, but digital copies of retail games get permanent price drops on the PlayStation Store after a while. I think Nintendo asks the retailers like Gamestop to set the prices of their digital games, which is a very bad thing for the consumers IMO.

User Info: thenotsonormal

thenotsonormal
4 years ago#17
Only if it became like Steam tied to an account. It's not hard at all for Nintendo to do this. I mean, I don't REFUSE to buy digital but when I do buy I prefer retail. I would go full digital if it was set up like Valve sets up their PC games.
http://i.imgur.com/vTsQy.gif

User Info: NewbieN00b

NewbieN00b
4 years ago#18
Depends. I'm just uncomfortable with digital, for whatever reason. I'd probably buy, say, Luigis Mansion digitally, but not FE. Depends on how big a fan I am of the series.
Give me all teh FE D':

User Info: Leroy160

Leroy160
4 years ago#19
No account system is what's really putting me off from even bothering to buy a retail game digitally.

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
4 years ago#20
No because I always mange to get retail copies for cheaper.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If all digital versions of game were $5 cheaper than their retailer counterparts

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived