Since I Have A Wii U, Is It Worth It To Buy Monster Hunter For The 3DS As Well?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Since I Have A Wii U, Is It Worth It To Buy Monster Hunter For The 3DS As Well?

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
4 years ago#1
Is it worth it to buy both versions? - Results (27 votes)
Yes (explain why)
40.74% (11 votes)
No, only get the Wii U version (explain why)
51.85% (14 votes)
No, only get the 3DS version (explain why)
7.41% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Want to get the game, but I don't know whether or not I should buy both versions.
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: Anclation

Anclation
4 years ago#2
Unless you play your 3DS a lot outside of your home, I would just get the Wii U version. It even has off-TV play now thanks to today's update, and unlike the 3DS version it has online multiplayer.

User Info: vgfanboy

vgfanboy
4 years ago#3
Depends on you man. I have both versions, but I travel a lot for work. So at home I'm playing online. And then when traveling for work I play the 3DS offline since i'm on a plane a lot. If I didn't travel so much, I wouldn't get the 3DS version. Especially now with the Wii U off screen play update, I can still play when I wanna watch tv.

User Info: Ketchup799

Ketchup799
4 years ago#4
For me, it was worth it. I live in a house with 4 other roommates and my TV is in the living room so I don't get a lot of time to play on the Wii U, but having the option to play on a big screen/online is nice. Also, the portability is nice for playing while at breaks from work, hanging out at the gf's place, etc. I think it really depends on your lifestyle to decide if it is worth it or not.

Take into account that I payed $20 additional to have the 3DS version which definitely made the decision easy. An additional $40 is pretty steep.
Currently playing: MH3U, KI:U., FF6

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
4 years ago#5
Does anyone have anything else to say?
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996

User Info: JoeHigashi2000

JoeHigashi2000
4 years ago#6
Where's the plain "Yes" answer. I don't feel I should have to explain as part of a poll.
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210

User Info: vidalmoraza

vidalmoraza
4 years ago#7
If you are not too short on money, go for it, I currently only own the 3DS version, have like 50 hours on it, but I do plan to get the Wii U version soon...

Also, keep in mind the controls are a little different, more if you are not gonna play it with a Circle Pad Pro, nothing game breaker, but is a little different....

I also play the 3DS version out, if you donīt play your 3DS out that much, just get the Wii U version and use the gamepad only option to play it like a portable inside your house...
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Since I Have A Wii U, Is It Worth It To Buy Monster Hunter For The 3DS As Well?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived