Really disappointed with Nintendo and their games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Really disappointed with Nintendo and their games.

User Info: STE573

STE573
4 years ago#11
I agree with you TC. But I've got to add that as long as the quality of the titles remains high I'm not concerned for the time being.

The 3DS is a good little console that has a promising future with Nintendo IP.

Having just sold my Wii U because I believe it to be a worthless shell of a home console, I can say with some conviction that I am no fanatic that would let them get away with such tactics as rehashing without having a critical approach. But in all honesty here, it's hard to be critical of the 3DS in any way because of a strong lineup and continued support that make it a great console. If the quality of the titles becomes a detriment due to saturation then I will ask questions, but until then and if then even occurs, I'll be having a great time with my nostalgia :)
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
4 years ago#12
SpinoRaptor24 posted...
Especially after watching Nintendo direct. More rehashes, rereleases, reiterations, remakes and pretty much anything designed to appeal to nostalgia. Why not give us something fresh with Zelda instead of a bastardization of LttP (which hasn't even aged that well, nor is it even the best 2D Zelda). Yoshis Island looked exactly the same as the SNES version except now we're treated to less attractive visuals.

But I'm more disappointed with the fanbase for letting them turn into this. Everything Nintendo has pumped out for the 3DS has been one big pile of meh (with the exception of Kid Icarus). We have too many fans clammering for the same games they've been playing for the last 20 years and it's making Nintendo stagnate beyond belief. It's like they have a lottery box where they pull out a couple random franchises every year and proceed to make it into another iteration.

Tell me again how you're excited about upcoming original titles like GTA5 and Assassin's Creed4 and Killzone4 and Battlefield4 and Thief4 and Diablo3 and Witcher3 and Infamous3 and Final Fantasy XIII-3....
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: AceGamer11x

AceGamer11x
4 years ago#13
Dammit TC, Im to lazy to read a post that long. -.-
Lurker of adofus
FC: 1590-4913-4456

User Info: Rurouni720

Rurouni720
4 years ago#14
You just described most of the industry's games in regards to sequels since last gen to current affairs.

Anyhow, D.

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 years ago#15
*yawn*

Very boring troll TC. Heard it a million times. You're saying Dark Moon and Awakening aren't original or good? Just sellyour 3dDS and get off this board, we're all sick of hearing BS like this.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support

User Info: Shadow-Angel

Shadow-Angel
4 years ago#16
moogle69 posted...
Atleast nintendo doesnt kill their games. I think paper mario are the only game that they destroyed.

Star Fox would like a word with you.
The power you seek lies within you.

User Info: ACx7

ACx7
4 years ago#17
There are plenty of new titles coming out. They may not be all new IPs but there are new entries coming to series that everyone loves. A lot of Nintendo gamers stick with Nintendo for that nostalgic feel. They want Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Fire Emblem and all the other classics from Nintendo.

User Info: Sailor Goon

Sailor Goon
4 years ago#18
Buretsu posted...
SpinoRaptor24 posted...
Especially after watching Nintendo direct. More rehashes, rereleases, reiterations, remakes and pretty much anything designed to appeal to nostalgia. Why not give us something fresh with Zelda instead of a bastardization of LttP (which hasn't even aged that well, nor is it even the best 2D Zelda). Yoshis Island looked exactly the same as the SNES version except now we're treated to less attractive visuals.

But I'm more disappointed with the fanbase for letting them turn into this. Everything Nintendo has pumped out for the 3DS has been one big pile of meh (with the exception of Kid Icarus). We have too many fans clammering for the same games they've been playing for the last 20 years and it's making Nintendo stagnate beyond belief. It's like they have a lottery box where they pull out a couple random franchises every year and proceed to make it into another iteration.

Tell me again how you're excited about upcoming original titles like GTA5 and Assassin's Creed4 and Killzone4 and Battlefield4 and Thief4 and Diablo3 and Witcher3 and Infamous3 and Final Fantasy XIII-3....

and there's Buretsu's typical "but..but..but Sony" response like clockwork
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh

User Info: Finnelforever

Finnelforever
4 years ago#19
They got SMT 4 down the road, so your argument is invalid.

But they still need to officially announce Ace Attorney 5 for the US so I can love my 3DS even more.

User Info: BlueBombei2

BlueBombei2
4 years ago#20
Sailor Goon posted...
Buretsu posted...
SpinoRaptor24 posted...

and there's Buretsu's typical "but..but..but Sony" response like clockwork

But it's a valid point. There are more Assassin Creed games than Yoshi Island games. Also there are the same amount of Call of Duty games just on 360 that there are Zelda games across all of Nintendo's handheld consoles. That's two decades vs a little over six years. How can someone complain about over use of Nintendo products and neglect that?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Really disappointed with Nintendo and their games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived