My 3DS broke, what do I lose?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. My 3DS broke, what do I lose?

User Info: pecorre

pecorre
4 years ago#1
First of all, I'm so glad I did not buy Fire Emblem on the e-shop and waited for the physical version.

I never made any e-shop purchase, so it won't be a problem.

But, is there something else I can lose by getting a replacement console (like the game library data...).

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 years ago#2
You lose everything saved to the system, it's that simple. If it isn't save game data you lost it, unless you saved pics to the SD card instead of internal storage.

Or you could send it to Nintendo for repair.
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile

pecorre
4 years ago#3
n00bsaib0t posted...
You lose everything saved to the system, it's that simple. If it isn't save game data you lost it, unless you saved pics to the SD card instead of internal storage.

Or you could send it to Nintendo for repair.

Ok, thanks. I only bought it six months ago so it's still under warranty. If I send it to Nintendo, do you think they'll repair it or just send me a new one?

pecorre
4 years ago#4
Also, the system still work, but the battery won't charge anymore. So, is there any way to make a system backup before I get rid of it?

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 years ago#5
Just send it to Nintendo. You can't back up the internal storage as far as I know, but Nintendo will either replace your battery or give you a refurbished system. Nintendo will do a system transfer if they give you a new one as long as you request it. I requested it when I sent mine in, got a refurbished system with all my data on it back from them.

Be careful with them though, some times they ask for different things with the console. My instructions said all repairs require an SD card and my specific repair required the charger and cradle. Your requirements might be different.
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile

pecorre
4 years ago#6
Thanks a lot!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. My 3DS broke, what do I lose?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived