Such as thing as too much Harvest Moon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Such as thing as too much Harvest Moon?

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
4 years ago#1
Help me random people, whom I do not know on the Intarnet.

Is there such a thing as having too much HM?

I have ToTT on my 3DS (cartridge) and BtN on my Vita (digital). HM GBC is coming to 3DS VC at the end of April which I presume to be next week since that's the last Thursday. I dunno if I should get it or not.

Here are the pros:

- I can play whenever I want without having to hunt for a cartridge
- It's cute and simple so I can simply take care of my animals and plant crops without having to worry about anything else

Here are the cons:

- I have 2 HM games I can already play on two different handhelds and both of them are very good games
- It's yet more HM and people might say I have too much of a good thing or they might say "why you need so many HM games?'

Do I already have enough HM to last me a while, or should I get HM GBC?
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."

User Info: Master_Totho

Master_Totho
4 years ago#2
Here's advise from a long time harvest moon vet:

No. You can NEVER have too much Harvest Moon.
FC: 2320 - 6163 - 8730

Freelance_Wolf
4 years ago#3
Master_Totho posted...
Here's advise from a long time harvest moon vet:

No. You can NEVER have too much Harvest Moon.

So you say I should get GBC HM then. Thankie for your input. I shall take that into consideration.

User Info: Roksu

Roksu
4 years ago#4
Why not get the latest new 3DS HM: A New Beginning?

EDIT: Welp,unless you're from Europe with EU 3DS...
PSN: Rokuyo14 (NA / Inactive), Roksu13 (HK / Active)
3DS FC: 2406-5366-0034

Freelance_Wolf
4 years ago#5
Roksu posted...

I am broke right now although I do have some money left in my virtual Eshop wallet, hence my HM GBC question.

I was gonna get ANB some time ago but never did. 1. I didn't finish ToTT yet (I still have a lot to do) so I didn't need ANB right away. Also, I don't like how all the crops are bigger than your damn head. I also hear you need blueprints and whatever before you can begin building anything and I dunno if I'd like that. I do like how you can customize yourself and the farm though. Maybe I'll wait til it's cheaper and get it eventually.

That's why HM GBC appeals to me more at the present. If I want to do lots of stuff, I have ToTT. If I just want to relax and farm, I can play HM GBC. It's like the opposite of what ToTT is.

Roksu
4 years ago#6
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Roksu posted...

I am broke right now although I do have some money left in my virtual Eshop wallet, hence my HM GBC question.

I was gonna get ANB some time ago but never did. 1. I didn't finish ToTT yet (I still have a lot to do) so I didn't need ANB right away. Also, I don't like how all the crops are bigger than your damn head. I also hear you need blueprints and whatever before you can begin building anything and I dunno if I'd like that. I do like how you can customize yourself and the farm though. Maybe I'll wait til it's cheaper and get it eventually.

That's why HM GBC appeals to me more at the present. If I want to do lots of stuff, I have ToTT. If I just want to relax and farm, I can play HM GBC. It's like the opposite of what ToTT is.

Eh, I thought ToTT is pretty glitchy?

The crops are bigger than your head? I think you might have seen the "big" or "giant" crops, not the regular ones. You won't be seeing big or giant ones until very later in the game.

All important building blueprints can be bought from an NPC once you have reached certain points in the game. I don't like how limited it was at the beginning or how tedious it was to gather the materials but I still have fun with my own pace.

I think the best feature is the ability to save, reload and return to the title screen anywhere. Also, bigger inventories for items and bag, can carry a stack of 99 of an item but it will only take up a space.

Also it has optional local wifi and Internet feature. It does make the game easier if you chose to use it.

And yeah, you can customize your character's face, hair and clothes in this game once you build certain buildings. Lol, you can even crossdress if you want since the male/female PC shares the same wardrobe.

There are "goals" in the game but you are not required to rush to finish it.

IMO, it's the best HM I've ever played, not including the Rune Factory series.

Freelance_Wolf
4 years ago#7
You dinna give opinion on whether I should get HM GBC though. I simply don't have the money to get AnB now anyway so that's not an option.

I dunno. I saw screenshots from game and every single crop is huge. All of them can't be those special crops you just talked about. Oh, I also noticed the fields are all 2 by (something) which is strange by HM standards.

ToTT isn't that glitchy to me. There's some lag on the farm if you're growing lots of stuff, and it might freeze if you go up the mountain, but in my 4 game years of playing, I only encountered the freeze 4 times. That is a very small amount so the issues doesn't bother me at all.

ToTT and FoMT are my two favourite handheld HM games, while BtN (since FoMT is a remake of it after all) and AP are my favourite console HM games.

The blueprint thing prolly won't bother me much, since ToTT has an 'you can only upgrade once every season' feature.

Yes, being able to save anytime is always good to have!

P.S. If I don't get HM GBC, I will probably get that cute squirrel game that just came out, although I won't have enough left after for anything else.

Roksu
4 years ago#8
Ah, I glossed over that part. It's been a real long while since I played GBC HM and there's no doubt that game is pretty dated. But I guess it's way cheaper than ANB.

I still believe the pictures you saw are that of giant crops. It's possible to see a field of them if you reload your game enough and has fullfiled certain conditions.

The fields in ANB are by 2x4. Each bag of seeds can fill a 2x2 square field. You can customize your farm and place your fields however you want after you unlocked the Carpenter.

Haha, sorry for the walls of text.

Freelance_Wolf
4 years ago#9
Ah so you don't recommend I get HM GBC then. I guess since I already have 2 good HM games, there is no need to get a simpler one when I can play one of the others. The sprites sure are cute though. Anyway, I do appreciate more input if people have any.

You don't need to apologize for your 'walls of text' by the way. It may not be relevant to my post, but I did want more info on how ANB works so thanks. I'll probably get it eventually, but not right now.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Such as thing as too much Harvest Moon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived