The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Luigi's Mansion impossible to find? Well played, Nintendo. Well played.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Luigi's Mansion impossible to find? Well played, Nintendo. Well played.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 years ago#41
I don't get it. I haven't had any trouble finding these hard to find games. I even took a picture of 5 Fire Emblem 3DS's on a shelf at a store the other day. I always see Fire Emblem and I've seen Luigi's Mansion. The one I can't find in stores is Castlevania lol
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile

User Info: metalXgear

metalXgear
4 years ago#42
I walked in the best buy and there was about 10 copies on the shelf, however I tried gamestop and walmart and both were sold out.
Wii Console: 0917 6760 4711 4172
Wii nick name: Luis

User Info: lanif

lanif
4 years ago#43
if you want any game ay launch preorder it!!!
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 years ago#44
lanif posted...
if you want any game ay launch preorder it!!!

This hasn't happened to any other generation of Nintendo games. Pre ordering a Nintendo game wasn't necessary before.
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board

User Info: nintendoman562

nintendoman562
4 years ago#45
Nintendo doesn't decide how much they ship to retailers... the retailers order a certain number and Nintendo makes the necessary number of copies to meet that demand. It's just that retailers underestimated the popularity of Luigi and Fire Emblem.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 years ago#46
n00bsaib0t posted...
I don't get it. I haven't had any trouble finding these hard to find games. I even took a picture of 5 Fire Emblem 3DS's on a shelf at a store the other day. I always see Fire Emblem and I've seen Luigi's Mansion. The one I can't find in stores is Castlevania lol

Are those actual games or just opened cases for on store display?
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board

User Info: GambitAce

GambitAce
4 years ago#47
This hasn't happened to any other generation of Nintendo games. Pre ordering a Nintendo game wasn't necessary before.

I can't speak too much for portables, but this is very true for their consoles (1st party games), even for huge releases like SSBB.
how do you turn this on?

User Info: KittenLina

KittenLina
4 years ago#48
I live in Long Island, I probably wouldn't mind selling you my copy for $45 (Tax) if you're close to me.

Edit: Suffolk... Feel like driving to Stony Brook University?
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 years ago#49
Glad I picked up it on release day.

User Info: bunnie88

bunnie88
4 years ago#50
Galaxy_Nova posted...
Just go digital on this one then.

pay by credit card or with a nintendo pre-paid card.

NO! some people don't want digital plus you'd just be walking into their trap. Plus digital has a ton of downfalls.
ACWW longest played game 1-9-06 to present and still going
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Luigi's Mansion impossible to find? Well played, Nintendo. Well played.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived