Is Bomberman officially dead?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is Bomberman officially dead?

User Info: kaliskonig

kaliskonig
3 years ago#1
I remember there was supposed to be a Bomberman on 3DS that looked like the awesome N64 Bomberman games but it got caned when ?Hudson? canceled a bunch of games. Just wondering if there has been any hint at a new entry in this franchise. The most recent games that come to mind are the Live games from 3 years back.

User Info: Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX

Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX
3 years ago#2
There was this one bomberman game for the xbox 360... Im pretty sure that game is the reason the series hasn't gotton a new game for years.
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9

User Info: kaliskonig

kaliskonig
3 years ago#3
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
There was this one bomberman game for the xbox 360... Im pretty sure that game is the reason the series hasn't gotton a new game for years.

UGH you must mean Bomberman Zero. I try not to remember that one and yeah you have a point.

User Info: Silver Legend

Silver Legend
3 years ago#4
The U.S. branch of Hudson closed down a while ago which pretty much means we won't be getting any new bomberman games since they were responsible for bringing those games over to North America. From what I remember, Konami now owns the rest of Hudson so it's up to them whether or not a new Bomberman game gets made.

http://kotaku.com/5755273/hudson-us-shutting-down-bloody-roar-revival-not-happening
A hero dies, but a legend lives on forever

User Info: NeonYoshi11

NeonYoshi11
3 years ago#5
Bomberman as a series needs to go back to the Bomberman 64 style......which is really an off-shoot of the Mario 64 Style, which everybody abandoned for absolutely no reason at all.

User Info: Argh4430

Argh4430
3 years ago#6
He makes an appearance in Tetris Axis! But yeah, bummer. I was a big Bomberman fan, well Super Bomberman fan anyway.

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
3 years ago#7
I would like a decent way to play Bomberman 64. Pretty cool gaming with a really good soundtrack.
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
3 years ago#8
kaliskonig posted...

UGH you must mean Bomberman Zero. I try not to remember that one and yeah you have a point.

There were other Bomberman games after Zero.

I loved Jetters and Generation on the GameCube. Those games were badass.
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group

User Info: teh1337gosu

teh1337gosu
3 years ago#9
Lord_Frood posted...
kaliskonig posted...

Bomber man Generation was even better than Jetters.
Yvan eht nioj

User Info: PhoenixRush

PhoenixRush
3 years ago#10
Lord_Frood posted...
kaliskonig posted...

Ah yeah, the Gamecube games are amazing.
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is Bomberman officially dead?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived