Pika's Poll #1 Do you always make your characters the same sex as yourself?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pika's Poll #1 Do you always make your characters the same sex as yourself?

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
3 years ago#1
Pika's Poll #1 Do you make your characters the same gender as yourself? - Results (147 votes)
Yes always.
21.09% (31 votes)
Yes most the time
33.33% (49 votes)
Whichever I like best for the particular game
34.69% (51 votes)
No usually don't
7.48% (11 votes)
No never
2.04% (3 votes)
Other
1.36% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Whichever I like best.
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!

User Info: poopfeasts420

poopfeasts420
3 years ago#2
For some reason I always like to make girl characters (I'm a boy)
I was actually really upset in Harvest Moon: A New Beginning that I couldn't marry other girls
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
3 years ago#3
Yes, always. I'm a dude and damn proud of it.
This is an elite pirate

User Info: Kinneth123

Kinneth123
3 years ago#4
I made a female Character in an extra save in Fire Emblem: Awakening to fill up the Support Log, but that's about it.
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;

User Info: nintendogger

nintendogger
3 years ago#5
I chose other because I wanted to answer "no" with nothing attached to it. That said, I do usually make my avatar a different race than I, if the choice is available.
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning, and The Legend of the River King.

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
3 years ago#6
nope perfer playing as girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpmWHJQef0
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this

User Info: mujiha

mujiha
3 years ago#7
>Naming a poll after yourself

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
3 years ago#8
Most of the time though I can think of some expections.

- I can't stand Diamond/Pearl/Platinum male trainer, so I use the female one.
- I don't care for any of the male characters in Seiken Densetsu 3, so most of the time I use Lise as the hero.
- I will prolly end up choosing the female hero whenever I play decide to play Dragon Quest 4 and FE: Awakening again just to be different.
- In Resident Evil 1 I like Jill's campaign more than Chris's.
- In Saint's Row 3 I originally made a very fat and flashy mafia boss looking male character, but about halfway through the game I went to plastic surgeon and accidentally swapped his gender. I decided to roll with it for the rest of the game.
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#9
Most of the time yes i do.

For example games like Fallout, Dragon Age and Mass Effect i try to make my characters look a little like me, maybe not be me but resemble me. Like for Mass Effect i just imagined Shepard was a future descendant of my family.

Games like Pokemon where you are presented an Avatar i usually still pick male, unless the female character just looks way too cool or the male looks horribly lame.

Some games i go by character abilities though. Borderlands 1 and 2 for example i chose the Sirens since i thought they had the coolest powers out of the cast.

User Info: rahxephon122

rahxephon122
3 years ago#10
Always.
Even if I'm not allowed to "marry" a certain character because I chose the "wrong gender."
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pika's Poll #1 Do you always make your characters the same sex as yourself?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived