Ordering 3DS XL tomorrow what games to get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Ordering 3DS XL tomorrow what games to get?

User Info: Sami1000

Sami1000
4 years ago#1
I'm going to order two games with the system and one of them is going to be Ocarina of time. I'm little unsure about that game because i haven't ever played any Zelda games but i still trust reviews because the game got so much praise.

I don't want Kingdom hearts because i haven't played any KH game in years and i'm lost in the story. I'm not fan of Mario either.

I live in EU so don't suggest games which aren't here yet.

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
4 years ago#2
Kid Icarus is your best choice if you don't want anything Mario related.

It's awesome.

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
4 years ago#3
As you're in the EU now would be a good time to take advantage of this:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-3DS-So-Many-Games-Promotion/Overview/Overview-750393.html

Buy any 3 of those games and you get a 4th one to download for free. Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion 2 seem to be at or near the top of everyone's list.
Moo

User Info: Dogscratch

Dogscratch
4 years ago#4
Sami1000 posted...
I'm going to order two games with the system and one of them is going to be Ocarina of time. I'm little unsure about that game because i haven't ever played any Zelda games but i still trust reviews because the game got so much praise.

I don't want Kingdom hearts because i haven't played any KH game in years and i'm lost in the story. I'm not fan of Mario either.

I live in EU so don't suggest games which aren't here yet.

I prefer action/RPG type dealies and don't care for Mario stuff generally.. Luigi's Mansion was fun despite this dislike for the mario games in general :)

Few options now:
-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has consumed ~200 hours of my life in the last month and a half, new to the series, definitely action and not pure RPG, but a wicked fun title.
-Fire Emblem Awakening: Clocked ~100 hours on that, again first experience to the series and found it to be amazing
-Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: Havn't played as much as I should, but been fun thus far
-Etrian Odyssey IV: Dungeon Crawler RPG, sunk some time in, Monster Hunter however hijacked my life and havn't gotten through it

In the near future:
-Rune Factory IV
-Pokemon X/Y
-Shin Megami Tensei IV
-Bravely Default (2013 for EU!)
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding

Sami1000
4 years ago#5
Maybe i'll get Ocarina of time and order few DS games from amazon.uk. Does Dragon ques 9 look bad on 3DS/XL? Is the screen too small when you play 1:1 resolution?

Sami1000
4 years ago#6
Bamb

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
4 years ago#7
On an XL DS games look about the same size as a regular DS with black borders when played in 1:1.
Moo

User Info: Weiki Weiki

Weiki Weiki
4 years ago#8
Does that promotion work if i didn't get the games this month? I got my 3ds like 3 months ago, but i did get MH3U and Fire Emblem, i'd be willing to get one more game for a free game.
Analyze it... With science!

Sami1000
4 years ago#9
Weiki Weiki posted...
Does that promotion work if i didn't get the games this month? I got my 3ds like 3 months ago, but i did get MH3U and Fire Emblem, i'd be willing to get one more game for a free game.

Going to bumb this so you can get your answer.

User Info: AE_

AE_
4 years ago#10
yup, i'm pretty sure it counts retroactivelly.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Ordering 3DS XL tomorrow what games to get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived