Any reason to get the retail Cave Story?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any reason to get the retail Cave Story?

User Info: mahgah91

mahgah91
4 years ago#1
As opposed to Cave Story on the eShop or just playing it on the computer?

User Info: Ghetsis

Ghetsis
4 years ago#2
If you want worse graphics, or the ability to play as a Prinny, dood.
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
4 years ago#3
different music and 3d graphics compared to the original 8-bit? music and graphics. also, the 3ds retail version limited edition has a 3d lenticular cover and its rare
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
4 years ago#4
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No. Please, don't make this mistake.

User Info: -Zeke-

-Zeke-
4 years ago#5
Probably the music is the main reason, but considering they also added it to the steam version, yeah...
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
4 years ago#6
To have the ability to play the game physically if your afraid of digital. Although I don't know why Nintendo won't do what Sony did with Journey, Flower and Flow but make a cartridge of Ikachan, Cave Story +, Night Sky or VVVVV would make an awesome collection or even add a couple more.
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.

User Info: chestershadow

chestershadow
4 years ago#7
Darkstorm16 posted...
To have the ability to play the game physically if your afraid of digital. Although I don't know why Nintendo won't do what Sony did with Journey, Flower and Flow but make a cartridge of Ikachan, Cave Story +, Night Sky or VVVVV would make an awesome collection or even add a couple more.

Because its not generally financially feasible to do a bundle of that kind, at least not for alot of indie devs.

User Info: mahgah91

mahgah91
4 years ago#8
Darkstorm16 posted...

That would require multiple indie devs to collaborate and somehow get something like that published. On top of that a lot of people have an assortment of indie games through the dozens of indie bundles that have sold indie games at dirt cheap (and they're still going).

User Info: AnotherSomebody

AnotherSomebody
4 years ago#9
3DS version is fine, but the PC one has (IMO) a much better interpretation of the script (Huzza! > Oh Yeah!).
MAKIN' BACON PANCAKES

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
4 years ago#10
Nope. Especially when the other versions are far surperior and dont cut anything out like the retail version does.
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Any reason to get the retail Cave Story?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived