Which should I get: Original or XL?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which should I get: Original or XL?

User Info: C810

C810
4 years ago#1
Original vs. XL - Results (81 votes)
Original
14.81% (12 votes)
XL
77.78% (63 votes)
Either
4.94% (4 votes)
Neither
2.47% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Lately I've been getting back into Nintendo and handheld gaming ever since I got Metroid Fusion back from my friend and beat it on my GBA Micro. Since then, I've thought about re-buying Pokemon Ruby or Emerald, Mega Man Zero, Zero Mission, and some Gameboy Color games (LoZ Oracle games, Pokemon Gold or Silver, some others I can't recall at the moment.)

I have an old GBA SP as well, so I could buy the original carts, but I heard about the Oracle games coming to the 3DS. So I'm thinking about picking up a used 3DS for the convenience of re-buying some of those old games without having to track down a genuine, good condition cart at a decent price. Plus I could grab some DS games I used to have as well as complications (like the MMZ collection).*

Now the question is: should I get an original 3DS or an XL? I've heard some arguments for both, but I'd like to hear what your opinions are. Just in case it comes up, I have average size hands. Also, probably wouldn't play it for more than five hours away from an outlet since I go to college and workout between long breaks in classes.

*I used to have a black and red DS Lite and some games, but I had to sell them a couple years ago when my wife and I needed money.
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron

User Info: Kaiser292

Kaiser292
4 years ago#2
There really is no reason not to get the XL unless price is an issue for you.
The screen I find is better, its much more comfortable to hold, the battery life is better etc

The only time I'd say go for the original is if you find a real bargain that isn't worth passing up on
Steam ID: slayerjon1 PSN: slayerjon1

User Info: coldwine

coldwine
4 years ago#3
XL for sure. Unless you're a very, very small person.
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange

User Info: Kuja_1

Kuja_1
4 years ago#4
XL is better in every way
PSN : VonGrimm
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lazw0p6WrO1qe0eclo1_r9_500.gif

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#5
C810 posted...
So I'm thinking about picking up a used 3DS for the convenience of re-buying some of those old games without having to track down a genuine, good condition cart at a decent price.

You'll be waiting years for the games to show up. May as well just buy the old carts at this point.

User Info: NejiHyuga900

NejiHyuga900
4 years ago#6
At this point, a 3DS XL.
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!

User Info: MrFwibbles

MrFwibbles
4 years ago#7
This question AGAIN?

...And look, the same results. Again.
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 4943-4917-6085

User Info: GambitAce

GambitAce
4 years ago#8
XL is better in every way

color selection. but everything else holds true
how do you turn this on?

User Info: LinkSSJ6

LinkSSJ6
4 years ago#9
Original
Got a Wii or Wii U but nothing new to play? Get Pandora's Tower!
http://www.pandorastowerwii.com/

User Info: temgun

temgun
4 years ago#10
Go tour some shops and see how they look and feel in real life. In features, they are identical.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which should I get: Original or XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived