Gamestop. I good place to buy games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gamestop. I good place to buy games?

User Info: 7up1001

7up1001
3 years ago#1
I've been reading stories about how Gamestop has their mishappens...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds?search=Gamestop

I admit, I've NEVER went to a GS store to buy games. I often get them online at Amazon or recieved as a gift. But for future purposes, should I ever buy games from there?
Member of the KIU: Midnight Knights Clan
3DS FC: 3093-7122-9771 Name: 7up

User Info: 7up1001

7up1001
3 years ago#2
Damn.

Didn't even meant to put "I" on the title... :s
Member of the KIU: Midnight Knights Clan
3DS FC: 3093-7122-9771 Name: 7up

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
3 years ago#3
I good?
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~

User Info: ACx7

ACx7
3 years ago#4
I've been buying my games almost exclusively(retail) from GameStop since 2005. I have only ever run in to 1 problem there, and it was easily resolved. The majority of the stories you read on this board about problems at GameStop are over exaggerated.

User Info: Dragovian1

Dragovian1
3 years ago#5
ACx7 posted...
I've been buying my games almost exclusively(retail) from GameStop since 2005. I have only ever run in to 1 problem there, and it was easily resolved. The majority of the stories you read on this board about problems at GameStop are over exaggerated.

^ This. They frequently get preorder bonuses for games I like, plus I have their membership card, so I save 10% on used (basically covers the tax) and get points saved up to use later. I've gotten alot of harder to find games much cheaper and complete from them with a little patience (wait for someone to trade-in) as well.

I always check the discs of used games though, just to make sure they aren't badly scratched, but I do that for any disc based media I buy used (GS, Best Buy, Target, etc.).
Playing - PS2- NA: Iron Triangle / DS- Pokemon Black 2 / 3DS- Fire Emblem: Awakening, Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate / 360- Final Fantasy 13 / GBA- Final Fantasy V

User Info: furless_panda

furless_panda
3 years ago#6
They open the games that are being sold, that is a no no for me. Will the games work and function like an unopened game? Yes, but I've had one instance where there was a save file already on a new copy of Diddy Kong Racing that I bought. I don't go to Gamestop anymore after that, I may consider pre-ordering some games with bonuses exclusive to the store.

User Info: Pork_buttonmash

Pork_buttonmash
3 years ago#7
I had no issue with them. I buy all my games from them.

User Info: GambitAce

GambitAce
3 years ago#8
literally the same s*** you'll find anywhere else
how do you turn this on?

User Info: Emeraldrox

Emeraldrox
3 years ago#9
Gamestop has been nothing but nice to me. The new manager at my local store even gave me a free Power Up Rewards thing because the idiots at another store forgot to refill it even though we paid.
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216

User Info: OoSubaruoO

OoSubaruoO
3 years ago#10
I wonder if Canada will ever get the Power Up Rewards card.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Gamestop. I good place to buy games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived