So really is tales of the abyss all that?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So really is tales of the abyss all that?

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
3 years ago#1
I always heard people gushing about it before....now that its long after release how is it?

Its 29.99$ with free shipping on amazon...
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!

User Info: melchiahdim

melchiahdim
3 years ago#2
It's a decent RPG, about midrange quality in my opinion. A good game, but I've played better. My wife loved it, and she put in 70 hours.
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim

User Info: muffinmasher

muffinmasher
3 years ago#3
My first ever playthrough, I put in almost 60 hours, and when I finished, I realized I had missed almost all of the sidequests.
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.

User Info: mahgah91

mahgah91
3 years ago#4
It's the only Tales game I've ever liked. From Tales of Phantasia to Symphonia to Vesperia (although I did kinda like Vesperia), Abyss is the only Tales game that hasn't had me constantly cringing from a bubbly, stereotypical anime plot (although it still is that).

User Info: lunchEATSyou

lunchEATSyou
3 years ago#5
I'm on my second play through with over 210 hours on it... So you can guess what I think of that game
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog

User Info: teh1337gosu

teh1337gosu
3 years ago#6
and more
Yvan eht nioj

User Info: ScarletWarrior

ScarletWarrior
3 years ago#7
I haven't really seen people giving it tons of praise, but it is a good game for sure especially since we don't have too many rpgs on 3DS yet.

The side quests are really out of the way though, for sure.

User Info: HikariX9

HikariX9
3 years ago#8
A lot of effort was put into the game. All main cutscenes fully voiced, 50-60 hour main story, lots of skills and artes to learn, and a ton of sidequests.

User Info: moogle69

moogle69
3 years ago#9
the game is like any other tales game, i.e. average.

i wish for more 2D tales of games, but they apparently never localised one of the best they made on the DS, its sad.
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD

User Info: Kinneth123

Kinneth123
3 years ago#10
Some of the sidequests are completely Guide-Needing, but it's a decent game and the characters are well-developed.

To me at times it felt like playing an anime.
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. So really is tales of the abyss all that?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived